Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Bleskhart from Parliament: Despite promises .. We continue to receive daily reports of killings and

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Bleskhart from Parliament: Despite promises .. We continue to receive daily reports of killings and  Empty Bleskhart from Parliament: Despite promises .. We continue to receive daily reports of killings and

Post by Rocky Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:15 pm

Bleskhart from Parliament: Despite promises .. We continue to receive daily reports of killings and abductions

20:15 - 13/11/2019

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Information / Baghdad
    The United Nations representative in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , Jenin Bleskhart during her hosting in Parliament, on Wednesday, that despite many promises, the harsh reality is that we continue to receive daily reports of new cases of killings, kidnappings, arbitrary detention, beatings and threats, and this is far from being stopped.
    `` While I understand that words cannot alleviate the pain of those who have lost loved ones, I would like to express my sincere condolences to these families, whether they are peaceful demonstrators or members of the security forces, '' she said. Our hearts with you".
    “While commemorating their loss - their values ​​and demands remain the same. Over the past six weeks, hundreds of thousands of Iraqis - peaceful Iraqis - have demonstrated with genuine, legitimate and clear demands, covering many issues: an end to corruption, economic growth, employment, reliable public services, good and fair governance, and fair elections - Wider reform of the political system, including the amendment of the Constitution.
    “But above all, I think we all agree that many, many Iraqis are demanding a brighter future - and that the country achieve its full potential for the benefit of all Iraqi citizens, but in the meantime, Iraqis have paid an unimaginable price to make their voices heard. Since the beginning of the demonstrations on 1 October, at least 319 people have been killed and some 15,000 peaceful demonstrators and members of the security forces have been injured. ”
    “The United Nations, UNAMI, has published two special reports on human rights issues. Despite many promises, the harsh reality is that we continue to receive daily reports of new killings, abductions, indiscriminate arrests, beatings and threats. I have said many times - and I will say it again: violence only generates violence. It should end and end now. ”
    “In your presence, I must reiterate the importance of ensuring fundamental rights: above all the right to life, but also the right to peaceful assembly and freedom of expression. I would like to emphasize once again the importance of achieving full accountability and justice - at the right levels, and respect for these fundamental and fundamental rights and principles is, in a sense, a prerequisite for any meaningful form of dialogue or mediation.
    “True legitimate demands deserve serious responses and effective communication - within this parliament and on the street,” the president said, referring to the paper we published a few days ago. Since the protests began, UNAMI has actively engaged with a wide range of Iraqi parties and authorities - including the three presidencies, the Supreme Judicial Council, peaceful demonstrators, members of parliament and union representatives. Based on these discussions, and with full respect for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] sovereignty , we have proposed a number of concrete steps as a start - as a step towards confidence-building and reform. ”
    "The most important thing to emphasize is that now is the time to act, otherwise we will lose momentum - we will lose it at a time when many Iraqis are demanding tangible results."
    She also stated: “As a former member of parliament, I think I can say that your role - in your position as members of parliament - elected and held accountable by the people - is very important… The most detrimental to public confidence is excessive promises and under-implementation. Nothing is more harmful than to say (a) and do (b). There is nothing more devastating than an atmosphere of anger and fear. ”
    “It has to be understood that everyday life has gone online. The interruption or even complete closure of the Internet and / or social media - in recent weeks - has not only been unfit for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] potential as a free and democratic society, but has also disrupted the way people practice their lives, perform their work and express their opinion. In other words, unrestricted access to the Internet is a fundamental right in today's electronic world. I am delighted to note that since yesterday evening I have been able to access the Internet so I would like to emphasize that we welcome the return of Internet service throughout [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , and we hope that the service will continue and will soon be followed by free access to social media. ”
    Plasskhart stressed the call for a complete change in the Iraqi electoral processes, which is a fundamental requirement for many. It is a call for an independent and impartial electoral administration and, with the technical assistance of the United Nations, much work has been done to reach a unified electoral legal framework. Now, without prejudging parliamentary legal procedures, and without going into details now, I would like to emphasize the urgent need for that unified legal framework, which brings together all relevant laws and brings voters closer to candidates. ” Finished 25 N

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:05 am