Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Classic Mashed Potatoes

Lobo
    Lobo

Classic Mashed Potatoes Empty Classic Mashed Potatoes

Post by Lobo Sun 17 Jan 2016, 11:51 pm

Classic Mashed Potatoes Img17l
    Classic Mashed Potatoes
    Classic Mashed Potatoes Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 25 minutes
    Servings: 10
    The potato ricer, a staple in German and East European kitchens, was introduced into this country by Williams-Sonoma in the early 1960s. It does an excellent job of mashing potatoes smoothly, in one pressing. Then butter and half-and-half are beaten in with a spoon until the desired consistency is reached.

Ingredients:

• 5 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch
        pieces
    • 2 tsp. salt, plus more, to taste
    • 8 Tbs. (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small
        pieces
    • 1 1/4 cups half-and-half, heated
    • Freshly ground white pepper, to taste

Directions:

Put the potatoes and the 2 tsp. salt in a large pot, add water to cover the potatoes by 3 inches and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and gently cook the potatoes until they are tender when pierced with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well in a colander.

Set a potato ricer over the pot and pass the potatoes through in batches. Alternatively, return the potatoes to the pot and mash them with a potato masher. Add the butter and gradually add the half-and-half, beating constantly with a large spoon, until the potatoes are smooth and creamy. Season with salt and white pepper and transfer to a warmed serving dish. Serve immediately. Serves 8 to 10.
    Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:03 pm