Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Strip House Potatoes Romanoff

Lobo
    Lobo

Strip House Potatoes Romanoff Empty Strip House Potatoes Romanoff

Post by Lobo Tue 19 Jan 2016, 11:33 pm

Strip House Potatoes Romanoff Img80l
    Strip House Potatoes Romanoff
    Strip House Potatoes Romanoff Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review

Twice-baked potatoes take on bold new dimensions of flavor in a rich, creamy gratin with shallots and cheddar cheese. This dish is one of the signature sides at Strip House, a steakhouse in New York City’s Greenwich Village. The potatoes need to be baked a day in advance, so plan accordingly. 

• 1K+

Ingredients:

• 3 large russet potatoes, about 2 lb. total, unpeeled and scrubbed  
    • 3/4 cup minced shallots 
    • 2 1/2 cups grated white cheddar cheese 
    • 2 tsp. kosher salt 
    • 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper 
    • 1 1/2 cups sour cream 

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 425ºF.

Wrap each potato in aluminum foil and pierce several times with a fork. Place the potatoes directly on the oven rack and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Remove the foil and let the potatoes cool to room temperature. Place the potatoes on a plate, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

The next day, preheat the oven to 350ºF.

Using the large holes of a box grater, grate the potatoes, including the skins. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle the shallots, 1 3/4 cups of the cheese, the salt and white pepper on top. Using your hands, gently toss the mixture together to combine, then fold in the sour cream in 2 additions.

Transfer the potato mixture to a 1 1/2-quart gratin dish; do not compress. Sprinkle the remaining 3/4 cup cheese on top. Bake until the potatoes are hot and the cheese is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serves 6.

Recipe courtesy of Strip House.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:44 pm