Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Strip House Potatoes Romanoff

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Tue 19 Jan 2016, 11:33 pm

Read Reviews

Write a Review

Twice-baked potatoes take on bold new dimensions of flavor in a rich, creamy gratin with shallots and cheddar cheese. This dish is one of the signature sides at Strip House, a steakhouse in New York City’s Greenwich Village. The potatoes need to be baked a day in advance, so plan accordingly. 

• Printer Friendly Version

• 1K+

Ingredients:

• 3 large russet potatoes, about 2 lb. total, unpeeled and scrubbed  
  • 3/4 cup minced shallots 
  • 2 1/2 cups grated white cheddar cheese 
  • 2 tsp. kosher salt 
  • 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper 
  • 1 1/2 cups sour cream 

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 425ºF.

Wrap each potato in aluminum foil and pierce several times with a fork. Place the potatoes directly on the oven rack and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Remove the foil and let the potatoes cool to room temperature. Place the potatoes on a plate, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

The next day, preheat the oven to 350ºF.

Using the large holes of a box grater, grate the potatoes, including the skins. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle the shallots, 1 3/4 cups of the cheese, the salt and white pepper on top. Using your hands, gently toss the mixture together to combine, then fold in the sour cream in 2 additions.

Transfer the potato mixture to a 1 1/2-quart gratin dish; do not compress. Sprinkle the remaining 3/4 cup cheese on top. Bake until the potatoes are hot and the cheese is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serves 6.

Recipe courtesy of Strip House.

Current date/time is Fri 09 Dec 2016, 11:26 am