Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Pepper and Corn Relish

Lobo
    Lobo

Pepper and Corn Relish Empty Pepper and Corn Relish

Post by Lobo Thu 21 Jan 2016, 10:44 pm

Pepper and Corn Relish Img37l
    Pepper and Corn Relish
    Pepper and Corn Relish Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 30 minutes
    Cook Time: 30 minutes
    Servings: 8
    This condiment goes particularly well with grilled hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken.

Ingredients:

• About 8 ears of corn, husks and silk removed
    • 3 red onions, finely chopped
    • 2 green bell peppers, seeded and finely chopped
    • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
    • 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and finely
        chopped
    • 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1 Tbs. salt
    • 1 Tbs. mustard seeds
    • 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
    • 1/2 cup fresh apple cider or apple juice

Directions:

Resting an ear of corn on its stalk end in a shallow bowl, cut down along the ear with a sharp knife, stripping off the kernels and rotating the ear with each cut. Repeat with as many ears as necessary until you have 3 cups kernels.

In a preserving kettle or other large, heavy pot, combine the corn, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, pepper and cider. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the corn is tender and bright, 10 to 15 minutes.

Spoon the relish into hot, sterilized canning jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Using a hot, damp towel, wipe the rims clean. Seal tightly with lids and screw bands. Process the jars in a hot-water bath for 15 minutes. Using tongs, transfer to a wire cooling rack, let cool to room temperature and check for a good seal. Label and store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months. If the seal is not good, store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
    Adapted from Williams-Sonoma New American Cooking Series, The Heartland, by Beth Dooley (Time-Life Books, 2001).

Related Tips

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:19 pm