Write a Review
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
For an eye-catching dish, buy carrots in a medley of colors, including orange, yellow and red.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 lb. baby carrots in assorted colors, such as orange, yellow and red, peeled, tops trimmed to 1 inch
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Madeira or dry sherry
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Directions:In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the carrots and stir to coat with the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add the Madeira and broth, increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Partially cover the pan and simmer until the carrots are just tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
Uncover the pan and add the sugar, stirring well to combine. Continue to simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated and the carrots are glazed, 5 to 6 minutes more.
Transfer the carrots to a warmed serving bowl, sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately. Serves 6 to 8.
- All About Carrots