Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Root-Vegetable Hash Topped with Poached Eggs

Lobo
    Lobo

Root-Vegetable Hash Topped with Poached Eggs Empty Root-Vegetable Hash Topped with Poached Eggs

Post by Lobo Mon 26 Dec 2016, 5:19 pm

Root-Vegetable Hash Topped with Poached Eggs Img76l
    Root-Vegetable Hash Topped with Poached Eggs

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 70 minutes
    Servings: 4
    This hearty cold-weather breakfast dish of nutritious and earthy root vegetables topped with eggs is especially pretty when made with a combination of red and golden beets. Cut the potatoes last so they don’t have time to discolor, and leave the skins on for a rustic look.

Ingredients:

• 1 lb. red or yellow beets, or a combination
    • 1 yellow onion
    • 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled
    • 1 1/2 lb. Yukon Gold or white boiling potatoes
    • 3 Tbs. olive oil
    • 3 garlic cloves, minced
    • 1/2 tsp. salt, plus more as needed
    • 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper, plus more, to taste
    • 3 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
    • 4 eggs

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 400°F.

Trim the stems and tails from the beets and peel them, then cut into 1/2-inch dice. Peel and chop the onion. Cut the sweet potatoes and Yukon Golds into 1/2-inch dice.

Pour the olive oil into a large roasting pan and add the vegetables, spreading them in a single layer. Sprinkle with the garlic, the 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Roast, stirring every 15 minutes to scrape up the browned bits, until vegetables are tender, 45 to 50 minutes. Stir in the parsley.

Bring a large, deep fry pan of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Crack the eggs, 1 at a time, into a measuring cup, then gently slide each egg into the simmering water. Cook until the eggs are softly set, about 3 minutes.

Divide the vegetable hash among 4 individual plates and top each portion with a poached egg. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and serve immediately. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Eat Well, by Charity Ferreira (Oxmoor House, 2008).

Related Tips

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 8:30 pm