Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Security Council extends mandate of UN Iraq Mission

jedi17
    jedi17

Security Council extends mandate of UN Iraq Mission Empty Security Council extends mandate of UN Iraq Mission

Post by jedi17 Mon 17 Jul 2017, 9:15 pm

Security Council extends mandate of UN Iraq Mission
    July 17, 2017 in Politics, Security
    The Security Council today extended the mandate of the United Nations political mission in Iraq until 31 July 2018, also calling upon that country’s Government to continue providing security and logistical support to the Organization’s presence on the ground.

Unanimously adopting a resolution, the Council also decided that the UN Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) and the Secretary-General’s Special Representative would, at Iraq’s request, continue to pursue their mandates, outlined at the time of the previous mandate extension in 2016.

In so doing, the Council took into account a 14 June 2017 letter from Iraq’s Foreign Minister to the Secretary-General. In the letter, Iraq’s Government reaffirmed UNAMI’s important role, particularly given that Iraqi security forces “are about to rid Iraq of the terrorist gangs of Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL/Da’esh) and to wipe them out once and for all.”

Against that backdrop, the Council expressed its intention to review the mandate in one year or sooner.

It called upon the Secretary-General to conduct, by 15 October 2017, an independent external assessment of UNAMI’s structure and staffing, related resources, priorities, and areas in which it enjoyed comparative advantages, in order to ensure the most appropriate configuration of the Mission and the United Nations country team.

(Source: United Nations News Centre)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 12:51 am