Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

UN warns of humanitarian disaster in Yemen

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

UN warns of humanitarian disaster in Yemen Empty UN warns of humanitarian disaster in Yemen

Post by Rocky Sat 06 Jan 2018, 2:14 am

[size=30]UN warns of humanitarian disaster in Yemen[/size]
    06/01/2018 10:24 | Number of readings: 42
    font size:  UN warns of humanitarian disaster in Yemen Font_decrease  UN warns of humanitarian disaster in Yemen Font_enlarge
     UN warns of humanitarian disaster in Yemen Thumbnail.php?file=1395121023101264410141974_993431115
    [rtl]Trend Press / Agencies[/rtl]
    [rtl]The United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs, Mark Lokoc, warned that Yemen, if not changed, could witness the worst humanitarian disaster in 50 years.[/rtl]
    [rtl]Lokuk described the situation of the Yemeni people at the present time as being the case on the Day of Resurrection. He said he would allocate funds from the United Nations Emergency Fund to support relief work in Yemen, the largest in the history of the Organization.[/rtl]
    [rtl]This comes as the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs issued a report that Yemen needs urgent humanitarian assistance by 2018, especially as the conflict escalated.[/rtl]
    [rtl]More than 22 million people need protection and humanitarian assistance, more than 11 million more in need, the report said. He said civilians were at high risk, with more than 8,000 deaths and more than three million forced to flee their homes.[/rtl]
    [rtl]He pointed out that an estimated 18 million people are food insecure, and millions need to ensure their survival.[/rtl]

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 2:14 am