Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

War wounded: Our pensions do not cover the costs of treatment

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

War wounded: Our pensions do not cover the costs of treatment Empty War wounded: Our pensions do not cover the costs of treatment

Post by Rocky Thu 01 Feb 2018, 1:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    War wounded: Our pensions do not cover the costs of treatment

Baghdad / AFP 

When he joined the ranks of the popular crowd, Karrar was not good enough to imagine that, like thousands of fighters, he would end up with a disability and waiting for a monthly stipend that would not cover the costs of his treatment and the strength of his family.
    Hassan joined the popular mobilization forces after the fatwa of the Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani in 2014 to support the security forces in the war against the Dahesh organization, which then controlled nearly a third of Iraq's territory.
    A few months later, during a battle to liberate an area close to Falluja, west of Baghdad, he was wounded by a bomb explosion. He went to Iran and Lebanon for treatment. He was able to walk with artificial limbs after amputation of his left leg. 
    After a period of treatment, the young man returned to participate in the fierce military operations to restore the city of Baiji from the organization calling in 2015, again shot in the right leg, resulting in a broken knee. 
    At that time, Hassan was no longer able to take part in the battles that ended in December by winning a hasty organization. 
    The 25-year-old, who lives in a Baghdad neighborhood and is the breadwinner of a family with a wife and three children, is unable to work and is forced to spend his days between the walls of his modest home and live on a salary of 500,000 dinars.
    This salary, which is almost equivalent to the minimum wage in Iraq, is very limited, and insufficient due to the requirements of treatment and the needs of the family. 
    "The drugs that I have to buy and my artificial limbs cost about one million dinars every ten months," Hassan told AFP, wearing a sports shirt and shorts showing amputations in his leg. 
    Most of the workers in the government departments are seeking additional work to improve their material conditions, but it is almost impossible for Karrar, who has become incapacitated. 
    Despite his injury, the young man tried to find any job to secure enough for his family and his family, but "I can not even drive a taxi, for example ... or carry things." 
    The grassroots factions have played a prominent role in supporting the security forces during battles against terrorists that have left tens of thousands of wounded fighters and civilians alike.
    It was not possible to obtain the number of wounded Iraqi forces during the fighting against insurgents. 
    But the deputy head of the popular crowd Abu Mahdi Mahdi confirmed during a medical conference held earlier this year that "60 thousand wounded military and about 300 thousand civilian wounded, received treatment in hospitals in the popular crowd." 
    "More than 1,450 people with amputation have been treated with amputation," said Diaa Hussein, director of the Al Razi Medical Center, which is sponsoring the popular crowd and their families, which opened six months ago in Baghdad. 
    Al-Razi is the only one who provides ongoing care for the wounded by providing medical follow-up and surgery to help them continue a normal life. 
    But Hassan confirms that he applied to the center about two months ago to get the substance "clear" used for prostitutes, artificially, to no avail.
    Iraq has witnessed several wars during the past decades, beginning with the Iran-Iraq war (1980-1988), then the conflicts that raged in the country following the US invasion and the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime, and the invasion of an organization calling for the country. 
    The number of medical clinics and shops selling equipment for the disabled has increased tenfold over the past 15 years, said Tahim Ibrahim, an expert in the treatment of disabled persons and limb industry. 
    "The salaries are low and insufficient to help them," said Tahseen al-Alusi. "Medical care is sporadic and procedures are too long to get artificial limbs." 
    "Most of the customers are injured during the fighting and generally rely on their families to buy artificial limbs," Ibrahim said. "The price of the primitive party is about $ 1,000.
    The amount, though far below the price of the smart parties, is a huge sum for Ahmed, a former fighter in the federal police who lost part of his right leg as a mortar shell hit him and his comrades during the battle in Mosul, the country's second largest city. 
    Ahmed points out that his monthly salary of 575,000 dinars "is insufficient for my medical reviews and the purchase of medicines." 
    "Half of my salary goes to medical treatments monthly and it is not enough to feed my four children," he says.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:51 pm