Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

4 posters

Parliamentary confirmation of the possibility of passing the budget without the Kurds

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Parliamentary confirmation of the possibility of passing the budget without the Kurds Empty Parliamentary confirmation of the possibility of passing the budget without the Kurds

Post by Rocky Tue 06 Feb 2018, 2:48 am

Parliamentary confirmation of the possibility of passing the budget without the Kurds

09:36 - 06/02/2018
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Information / Baghdad ..
    The MP for the National Alliance, Nahla al-Hababi, on Tuesday, the possibility of a vote on the budget away from the Kurds and their opposition to the proportion set for the region in the budget, noting that the Kurdish deputies withdrew from the parliament session, which saw the second reading of the budget.
    "The Kurdish deputies withdrew from the parliament session, which witnessed the second reading of the budget, but their withdrawal did not affect the reading because it has not been put to the vote yet."
    She added that "the Kurds are opposed to vote on the budget, because of their insistence on the previous proportion of the budget for the region 17%," noting that "the budget today was built on the basis of population ratios, in addition to that many cities and regions need large funds for reconstruction" .
    "The parliament can vote on the budget without the presence of the Kurdish deputies, but the national partnership on which the government was built prevents the vote without their presence and participation," she said. "The majority government makes the situation more flexible and distanced Iraq from the complexity of decision-making."
    The Kurdish deputies have withdrawn from the parliament session held on Monday, while reading the budget for the second time, and their opposition to the specific rate of the region, calling for an increase to 17% as before. Ending / 25 n

wciappetta
    wciappetta
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Parliamentary confirmation of the possibility of passing the budget without the Kurds Empty Re: Parliamentary confirmation of the possibility of passing the budget without the Kurds

Post by wciappetta Tue 06 Feb 2018, 6:35 am

I do not know what to make of this, it says plainly the second read happened, but no vote. They also say they can proceed to vote without Kurds as a majority government, which is the simple way of moving forward.

I think considering what hangs in the balance [reconstruction conference], given no other option the simple majority government move will be employed for the vote.

It's like the US Senate moving to simple majority to avoid the filibuster rule, which requires a 60 vote threshold to proceed. Hey wouldn't that be a novel approach?  crazy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.... For from His fullness, we have all received and grace upon grace. For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever yet seen God. The only begotten God, the One being in the bosom of the Father, He has made Him known. - Berean Literal Bible
    mochasmom
    mochasmom
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Parliamentary confirmation of the possibility of passing the budget without the Kurds Empty Re: Parliamentary confirmation of the possibility of passing the budget without the Kurds

Post by mochasmom Tue 06 Feb 2018, 7:21 am

They don't have the luxury of waiting
    Lobo
    Lobo

Post by Lobo Tue 06 Feb 2018, 12:52 pm

I agree, they are out of time - there is Wed. and Thurs. and the following Sun. to get the vote and pass the budget.  The conference is on Mon., if they don't pass the budget, I wonder if those who committed to attending the conference will show up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 3:43 pm