Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Zebari: Iranians wanted to thwart the Americans do not experience democracy

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Zebari: Iranians wanted to thwart the Americans do not experience democracy Empty Zebari: Iranians wanted to thwart the Americans do not experience democracy

Post by Rocky Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:22 am

Zebari: Iranians wanted to thwart the Americans do not experience democracy

BAGHDAD - Ghassan Charbel 

Episode II
    Tells Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said U.S. officials briefed their Iranian counterparts in Geneva on Washington's decision to launch a war to topple Saddam Hussein's regime, and that Arab countries were aware of the decision.He says that Iran has sought to thwart the U.S. military presence in Iraq, while Syria has sought to thwart the presence and with the political process. Zebari talks about his visit to Baghdad, former Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad during which accompanied him as head of the mission of honor. Reveals that Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi tried to invoke the presence of foreign forces occupying Iraq not to participate in the summit, intervened emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah and Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, confirming the presence of foreign forces to bases in their countries in accordance with agreements with the authorities. Here is the text of the second episode:

 Is it tough to deal with Syria on the subject of the passage through its territory fighters?
    - There was a Syrian decision, was the passage of the fighters is their knowledge and facilitate them, and their purpose was to resist the occupation and the failure of the American project - in the establishment of Western democracy in the Middle East, or the failure of the democratic model in Iraq. They were worried about the issue of democracy. Model posed by Iraq, I am afraid many systems. I know today what is being said about this trial and عثراتها, but it was not a simple matter that Iraqis go to the polls in a free election after a long stay in a one-party grip. I say that the fall of Saddam Hussein, regardless of occupation, was a prelude or the beginning of a revolution 'Arab Spring'. I recall that there have been demonstrations in Iraq and met in the Council of Ministers and found Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and the ministers concerned and suggested reforms, Fastmhilthm saying: You Mmeskun strongest system and better system if you know how you are conducting the operation, and asked them to monitor what are the demands of the Arab masses and what are the demands of Iraqis . We have in Iraq, problems in the electricity and services and poor management, but the problem of systems (which faced popular revolutions) was poor judgment, where people were feel marginalized No opinion nor the decision, while our position in Iraq is very strong and the people feel they can express their choices at the ballot box, and invited them to pay attention to the differences.
     Do you see that there was an agreement Iranian - Syrian to thwart the democratic experiment in Iraq?
    - We must distinguish, they want to thwart the Iranian Americans and the U.S. military presence is not the failure of the democratic experiment, while the Syrians they want to thwart the American democratic experiment. They agreed on the basic objective and differed on the details. Iran, unlike Syria, was the first state, while established the Governing Council and Bremer was still who's boss in the affairs of Iraq, which sent an official delegation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and «Revolutionary Guards» to the headquarters of the Governing Council to congratulate the Council's formation in 2003.
    Before the war, Americans talked with the Iranians in Geneva more than once and at the level of officials, and deliberated in the technical operational issues, and the issue of airspace and border issues. These meetings continued to be a war and after the fall of Saddam. The Americans deliberately to sever this relationship, and when we asked them why they said they had a group of wanted al-Qaeda know that they are located in Iran, which declined to extradite them.
     When the U.S. war on Iraq Was aware of Iran? Was Syria aware of?
    - I think that Iran was aware of, as well as a group of Arab countries. We find evidence if we read memos published by the American military leaders and politicians about what made by these countries.
    Americans made a mistake in dealing with the Syrian side, فالقيادات Field American was confirmed that it is essential to prevent Syria from providing these facilities (fighters) because they contribute to the killing of Americans and Iraqis, and considered that there should be a violent response to Syria and so they can be to send messages very strong to the Syrians. Politicians and diplomats have had another opinion. Colin Powell visited Syria Syrian diplomatic door and saw in his visit confirms their importance, as well as Bill Burns (Under Secretary of State) visited Syria more than once in an attempt to persuade them to prevent hackers and militancy on the border crossing points at the airport. Syrians touchscreen frequency American Vastasdoa.President Bashar boasted that he met with Secretary of State Colin Powell rejected the conditions to carry. U.S. telecommunications Syrians were encouraged to consider their position intact.
     as Iraq's foreign minister met with Iranian officials?
    - I met all the leaders of the Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei to presidents Mohammad Khatami and Hashemi Rafsanjani and Ahmadinejad to Qassem Soleimani (Commander of Qods Force), of course, in addition to foreign ministers. Iranians treated intelligently and sophisticated with the new power in Iraq and the door of the status quo, they tried hard to topple Saddam with all the Ottawa force during the Iraq war - Iran and failed due to Western and Arab support (to Saddam). America came to drop the biggest and worst enemies of Iran, it was surely making them very, so the logic of things to help not to يعرقلوا the change.
    Iranians were afraid of the continued presence of American troops on their borders in Afghanistan and Iraq, and they had a perception that the Americans will leave Iraq, but they came to stay in it, as well as the Syrians thought. We were always assured the Iranian and Syrian leaderships that the Americans will leave Iraq. Spread many novels, including that Americans have come to put their hands on the oil, and they will be staying permanent military bases on Iraqi soil. Tried to reassure المتخوفين but had some interest in not true.
    In the first meeting attended by the Arab League called us and Egypt's foreign minister to lunch, a call directed to all traditional Arab foreign ministers participating in the meetings of the university. I sat down with Prince Saud al-Faisal and Faruq al-Shara, Ahmed Maher and Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Amr Moussa. Farouq al-Shara began addressed to the questions where something provocation. And had begun some acts of resistance, al-Shara said to me, if the Americans killed a hundred or two hundred troops in Iraq, do you think staying in it? I told him I'm not at the site to speak on behalf of the Americans, but I think that if he were killed, four thousand or five thousand will not leave Iraq, because America that entered Iraq is America that entered Somalia and pulled out after the downing of a «Black Hawk», and is America that the headquarters of the Marines in Beirut to blow I left Lebanon. America after the events of 11 September will remain even if you encounter resistance and lost soldiers, the majority of these soldiers are not Americans, but strangers were provided with a green card (permissions stay in the United States), said to me, we will wait and see. In an interview years later that conversation and reported the number of U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq has reached more than a thousand Americans are still consolidating their forces in Iraq.
    Iranian and Syrian fear was the U.S. presence and transmission of that experience pluralistic democracy to other countries. But there are differences in the accounts. Iranians, unlike the Syrians, they saw that all of the government in Iraq Friends of them, Shiites, Kurds, and we have to Naawnehm and help them. The Syrians were negative outlook to all things.
    Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei was always warns us not to trust the Americans, saying they did not come to Iraq for your interest, but for their own interests, and you as a popular force must be weary their plans, and you will be the owners of real power, and that the U.S. presence should end as soon as possible. This position was frequented in private meetings and public with him, as well as the position of Ahmadinejad, which is intelligent, and was the first president to visit Iraq in 2007 and I was head of the mission of honor to accompany him and went down at the airport in Baghdad, when we had 170 thousand U.S. troops, and saw the sheer size of tanks and weapons and U.S. forces own eyes. Americans did not object to the visit after he told them the identity of the prospective visitors, but on the contrary they welcomed the visit. Ahmadinejad asked what he saw from U.S. forces at the airport I said that this is one of the bases in Iraq, and there is the largest bases in other parts. Was متوجسا during the visit, but we Amdna the to Ttminh, which he trusted us, and was passing on the control points for the Americans, but prior coordination with the easy passage of the procession. The team, which was coordinated with us all its personnel Americans. In one of the control points were intercepted the convoy of President Ahmadinejad on the suspension bridge when we are out of the Green Zone, U.S. soldiers told us they stopped the procession to take pictures with the Iranian president. I asked the U.S. coordinator make way to avoid any embarrassment. President Mahmoud told Nejad willingly jokingly, did not mind, and I told him that we would not let him leave the car.
    The visit was good, and President Ahmadinejad expressed his wish to visit Kadhim. At that time there were bombings and sectarian killings and there were security concerns, but we Amdna to take necessary precautions. Ahmadinejad's visit as the first president to Baghdad after the fall of Saddam was a good pointer to the Iranian mentality. In contrast, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad did not Iserna in Baghdad Although we دعوناه a several times. King Abdullah II visited us for hours, Recep Tayyip Erdogan visited us, the Turks have made two visits to Baghdad, and Iranians زارونا to more than once, to be visited by Arab officials to attend the Arab summit in Baghdad.
     Do Qassem Soleimani an important role?
    - Is one of the sons of the revolution. Between Iranians actual rulers, except for religious leaders, there is an episode of the leaders of the Revolutionary Guards who were standing guard nucleus, of Mustafa Shomran generation. They were a group of young people who have been involved in the Revolution Guards in Iraq war - Iran and worked to protect the revolution and worked in intelligence and security. Group knows each other and constitute a loop, including ambassadors and officials are important. Qassem Soleimani, and one of them, and can be considered advantaged. Meetings have met him before Baghdad's nuclear and asked if they had a new nuclear in the file he or she talks for talks. Role of influential, is the commander of the Qods Force, an adviser to the supreme guide, who listens to him in foreign policy issues, especially in relation to issues of Iraq and the Gulf, Lebanon, the fact that Soleimani well versed in, as he spoke Arabic well and has personal knowledge with the leaders of the countries concerned.
     Does Iran have contributed to the killing of Americans in Iraq?
    - Of course, but it did not support al-Qaeda as they hesitated, but some private groups supported special groups, Within the Mahdi Army, for example, there is a special group accuses trained and directed to carry out operations. Syria and certainly contributed to the killing of Americans and a car bombing. Syria launched an open war, we have practically led to the deaths of tens of thousands of Iraqis.
    Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Zebari: Iranians wanted to thwart the Americans do not experience democracy Empty Re: Zebari: Iranians wanted to thwart the Americans do not experience democracy

Post by Rocky Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:22 am

The misfortunes of the world we are in 2009, when we wanted to go to the Security Council to convert the Syrian regime to an international tribunal after the bombings that targeted Iraqi ministries several, including Foreign Affairs, insisted - Nuri al-Maliki and I - to this request, خالفنا president and vice president, the parliament and the Arab countries and America. At the Geneva meeting where we were among the guests with the foreign ministers of the Security Council, reminded them that the incident, and said the Secretary-General of the United Nations that he was sitting behind someone named Oscar Fernandez I wish I join us in this meeting, we are in 2009, when we are taking the Syrian regime to an international tribunal to be held accountable and punished for its support of terrorism, we were screaming demanding Ptkhalasna of terrorism, what you only had to have sent us Fernandez, who prepared a report had not seen him one. And she gave this parable drink to tell them that Iraq is not in a row Bashar al-Assad, or in the box support, we have many sockets on Syria despite the fact that our other interests, but that's another topic. We fear, for example, that turns this current conflict, civil war or sectarian between Sunnis and Alawites, to Iraq, who shall Year Syria integrate with Iraq's Sunnis in the western regions.
     if long conflict in Syria Does that promotes division in Iraq?
    - It depends on how the conflict ended. And away from the feelings and logos, that there was a a disciplined deliberate political process nonwoven no fear, but it's different if the process were not controlled.
    In my opinion, the situation after the Arab Spring revolutions in Tunisia and Egypt and Libya سيلزمه the years before settling. If we take the example of Iraq America with all its military, security, economic, and the United Nations and European countries with its weight, all of whom are helping us in the process of political transition to a certain atmosphere and after all these years the situation does not stabilize, let alone in Libya? Do you expect to be able to person, whoever it was planning to Libya? Also, if there was chaos in Syria and became for the Brotherhood and the Salafists and jihadists and al-Qaeda haven place. In Yemen, there are now fights and confrontations between al-Qaeda and the army and the Americans.
     presidents who I met Astoagafk the yours with memories?
    - I met King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz, more than once, and President Ali Abdullah Saleh and the Emir of Qatar, the king of Bahrain and my relationship with all the leaders relationship of mutual respect and follow my work and praise him. Omazh Emir of Qatar (former), a cheerful nature, and tell him that What Afattna at Qatari officials is that they love their work, to Crown Prince Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim.
    Event times controversial discussion with Muammar Gaddafi in the Arab summit in Sirte (Libya) already Baghdad summit. Our relationship with Gaddafi and old document dating back to the eighties and it supports the Iraqi opposition, Kurds and gives us money. In 2004 at the Arab summit in Algeria attended Gaddafi and headed for peace it welcomed me and said: Kurds our loved ones and asked about our affairs, and has been with us Iraqi President Sheikh Ghazi al-Yawar, who went for peace on Gaddafi, who remained seated on his throne, did not stand up for peace. Threw Gaddafi's speech at length Turning to the situation in Iraq and the Americans, and said they came with people Nsbohem rulers and officials know that Saddam was crazy did not improve the act but this is not an excuse for his Americans, who appointed president Djerba (President of the clan fennel and his full name Ghazi al-Yawar الجربة) is not such that the Kurdish freedom fighter who sat behind him, who fought and struggled and struggled (and was Iksdna). Gaddafi said in that speech that he is not a president but a philosopher, and talk recorder.
    People were fear Gaddafi but we are by virtue of our relationship with him know that reprinted Badawi, but if faced down, other than those who were telling him they heard and obedience. She noted that all the presidents and Arab leaders were counted Gaddafi account and Atvadouna in meetings and avoid so do not Ihrjoa. There was a draft resolution in the Council of Ministers of the Arab League to hold the next Arab summit in Baghdad and the summit should acknowledge this draft resolution to become effective. Then did not attend the Iraqi President and Prime Minister of the Summit in Sirte in 2010 because the Iraqi election results were released, was thus Iraq and I was head of the Iraqi delegation at the summit. I felt that most leaders are afraid of Gaddafi and even avoid talking to him. By reading Amr Moussa last decisions Gaddafi left the meeting room briefly and with (Secretary of decrees) cuneiform Nuri, when he returned to the hall found printed sheets and the decision to hold the next summit in Baghdad, فاستغرب and said: What is this, O Amr? How Tsoton and decide to hold an Arab summit in Baghdad and the current chairman of the summit is not here? Do you laugh at ourselves? I'll tell you about a summit in Baghdad: Baghdad living under occupation and Baghdad, written constitution Bremer and there is a sectarian conflict between Shiites and Sunnis ... I will not participate in the Arab summit held in the country where the foreign occupying forces.
    I As head of the delegation of Iraq is supposed to respond to him, but everyone called me to calm down.Bashar al-Assad and the Emir of Qatar. Amr Moussa said Gaddafi: This is a decision of the University Council, Mr. Leader and you can discuss it if you like, and his position was sound with us. Raised my hand students talk Amr Moussa said that the head of the delegation of Iraq wants to talk, Gaddafi said to me, favors O Zebari, I said to him, Mr. Commander newborn you will be from the heart to the heart. If there is one Arab leader support and provided support for Iraq and the Iraqi opposition from all current or former presidents, it is you.You are the only cities with money, weapons and training, rehabilitation and all forms of support, and therefore I wonder you and these sharp negative for the Leader of the Revolution. Commander sovereignty ask you a question I hope to answer it bluntly: you are not going to come to Baghdad because of the presence of American forces and U.S. military bases? Said, of course, for this reason, Iraq is an Arab country is occupied, I said to him: Last year we were in Qatar, Alice in Qatar, U.S. military bases? We have agreements with the Americans organization. Emir of Qatar raised his hand to speak and said: Brother Leader Muammar, What Zebari true saying, we are in Qatar we have U.S. military bases, and this is no secret, which is found in accordance with the agreements we have our sovereignty. Sheikh Sabah, Emir of Kuwait, raised his hand to speak and said,: Muammar brother, in Kuwait, not only for our U.S. military bases, but also the rules of British and French, but within the agreements to ensure our sovereignty. Commented Gaddafi, saying: «It seems that the whole Arab nation occupied and we do not know. Everyone laughed, and this modern house in closed session. Then I said to Gaddafi: it is unreasonable not to attend the Iraqis all love you and remember your support and does not hold a summit without the chairman of the summit. So do not accept اعتذارك, summit will be held and you in particular should attend. Emir of Kuwait supported me, as well as the Emir of Qatar, and said: This is our decision, Gaddafi said: Allah cream, to that time.
     Arab summit was held in Baghdad?
    - Postponed summit was held in March 2012. Did not hold a summit in 2011 due to the revolutions 'Arab Spring'. Did not draw an invitation to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad because we committed ourselves to the decision of the Arab League boycott and attended Mustafa Abdul Jalil representative of Libya.
    - Follows
    * Published in conjunction with the London-based newspaper Al-Hayat

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 5:19 pm