Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Parliamentary economic: Baghdad lost its agricultural territory due to dredging

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Parliamentary economic: Baghdad lost its agricultural territory due to dredging Empty Parliamentary economic: Baghdad lost its agricultural territory due to dredging

Post by Rocky Tue 29 Jun 2021, 7:43 am

Parliamentary economic: Baghdad lost its agricultural territory due to dredging

2021-06-29 05:54
    The city of Baghdad has lost its agricultural territory due to dredging, said Nada Shaker Joudat, a member of the parliamentary economic committee, adding that some of the country's powerful have made Iraq a consumer market.

"The capital, Baghdad, has lost its agricultural territory because of the dredging of these land and the construction of housing complexes instead, at the same time wondering what right these agricultural land is being bulldozed and how the Ministry of Agriculture has agreed to do so," Joudat told The Shafq News agency.

"Iraq has not benefited from the oil that exists in the economic sector, especially agriculture, compared to the Gulf countries, which have taken their reserves in this regard, especially if we know that oil will not last more than 50 years at most," she said.

"There is political corruption and there are powerful people from politicians and traders who have become very powerful and have made Iraq a consumer market for them," Joudat said, stressing that "the borders must be closed to locally produced agricultural products, support the farmer, encourage the food industry and benefit from the experience of neighbouring countries in this field, especially Egypt, in supporting young people and graduates in investing desert land and making it arable."

"Activating the economy will make Iraq an agricultural country and we will not import manpower from countries to cover this sector," Joudat said, adding that "the lack of political will, planning and regulation prevents this."

Iraq imports many of its agricultural and even animal products from neighbouring countries despite the availability of soil and water for its agriculture.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 1:26 pm