Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq .. thwart attack for "Daash" on the Baiji refinery in Tikrit

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraq .. thwart attack for "Daash" on the Baiji refinery in Tikrit  Empty Iraq .. thwart attack for "Daash" on the Baiji refinery in Tikrit

Post by Rocky Sun 24 Aug 2014, 7:23 am

raq .. thwart attack for "Daash" on the Baiji refinery in Tikrit 

Posted 24/08/2014 11:57 AM

Babinaoz / agencies: Iraqi authorities announced Sunday thwart the attack was carried out by the organization "Daash" on the refinery at Baiji, after the giant 220 km north of Baghdad, the first of its kind since about a month and a half.

The team said Qassim Atta, spokesman for the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces said that "security forces foiled an attack on the Baiji refinery."

In turn, the police colonel said that "gunmen attacked Daash Baiji refinery at ten o'clock on Friday evening."

He added that "the attack from three sides, but the army forces clashed with the existing attackers, attribution Army Aviation and Air Force aircraft."

The clashes continued until Sunday morning, according to security sources.

It was the first attack by gunmen on the giant refinery after about a month and a half on the last attempt to break into.

Chen and army forces ongoing military operations in an attempt to regain control, and the cities of Tikrit, located in the north.

The Baiji refinery, located near the city of Tikrit (160 km) north of Baghdad, the center of Salahuddin province, which is controlled by extremist militants about two months ago when they launched a major offensive in the north of the country from which they were able to control large areas.

Baiji refinery and provide most of the Iraqi provinces, petroleum products, and its production capacity is estimated at about 600 thousand barrels per day.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 29 Sep 2024, 11:24 am