Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

“Conflict” between the US State Department and the White House regarding informing Iraq in advance o

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

“Conflict” between the US State Department and the White House regarding informing Iraq in advance o Empty “Conflict” between the US State Department and the White House regarding informing Iraq in advance o

Post by Rocky Tue 06 Feb 2024, 4:05 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]“Conflict” between the US State Department and the White House regarding informing Iraq in advance of “Friday’s strikes”[/size]

[size=45]A US State Department spokesman said on Monday that his country had not notified the Iraqi government in advance of the strikes launched on Friday, which contradicts a previous statement from the White House in which it said that the Iraqis had been informed in advance.[/size]
    [size=45]Deputy Foreign Ministry spokesman, Vedant Patel, said in a press conference: “For this specific response on Friday, there was no prior notification. We informed the Iraqis immediately after the strikes occurred,” and added that “Iraq, like every country in the region, realized that there would be He responded after our soldiers were killed.”[/size]
    [size=45]For his part, Pentagon spokesman Pat Ryder did not directly address the conflicting accounts about whether the Iraqi government had been notified before the US strikes, saying only that it was an “important partner.”[/size]
    [size=45]On Friday, US National Security Council spokesman John Kirby told reporters that Washington “informed the Iraqi government before the strikes.”[/size]
    [size=45]A spokesman for the National Security Council told CNN on Monday that when Kirby said that the United States had notified Iraq before Friday’s strikes, “he meant that the United States had informed the Iraqis generally that the United States would respond to an attack by Iranian-backed militants with a drone that led to the attack.” to the killing of American soldiers in Jordan.”[/size]
    [size=45]The spokesman added: “Iraq, like every country in the region, realized that there would be a response, and we did not provide any kind of prior official notification of specific details about these strikes due to security rules.”[/size]
    [size=45]Kirby said, in a separate statement to CNN, that he “responded with the information that was provided to me at the time, and the matter was not as specific as it could have been, and I am sorry for any confusion I may have caused. However, we made no secret from Iraqi officials or public channels that we would respond.” On the attacks.”[/size]
    [size=45]It is noteworthy that the spokesman for the Iraqi Armed Forces, Yahya Rasoul, said, in a statement, on Saturday, that the American strikes “are considered a violation of Iraqi sovereignty, undermine the efforts of the Iraqi government, and constitute a threat that may drag Iraq and the region into undesirable consequences, and their consequences will be dire for security and stability in Iraq.” And the region.”[/size]
    [size=45]The US National Security Advisor in the White House, Jake Sullivan, said in an interview with CNN anchor Dana Bash about the strikes launched by America on targets linked to Iran in Iraq, Syria and Yemen after the killing of 3 American soldiers, saying: “This is the beginning of the response.”[/size]
    [size=45]“The President (Biden) ordered strikes in Iraq and Syria in response to the killing of 3 brave service members,” Sullivan added. These strikes were carried out on Friday night, with good results, and we are still assessing the damage caused by the battle.”[/size]
    [size=45]“I would just say that the president was clear when he ordered it and when he implemented it, that was the beginning of our response and there will be more steps to come,” he continued.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 10:21 am