Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Gunmen kidnap 17 Turks in Iraq capital

Lobo
    Lobo

Gunmen kidnap 17 Turks in Iraq capital Empty Gunmen kidnap 17 Turks in Iraq capital

Post by Lobo Wed 02 Sep 2015, 7:38 pm

Gunmen kidnap 17 Turks in Iraq capital
    Police colonel says 17 Turkish employees of company building football stadium in Sadr City area kidnapped by black-clad gunmen.
    Middle East Online
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    BAGHDAD - Gunmen kidnapped at least 17 Turkish employees of a company building a football stadium in the Sadr City area of north Baghdad on Wednesday, security officials said.
    A police colonel said that 17 Turks were kidnapped by black-clad gunmen in pickup trucks, while an interior ministry official put the number seized at 18.
    The colonel said those kidnapped included three engineers as well as employees of the administrative department and labourers.
    The identity of the kidnappers was not immediately clear, and kidnappings for ransom are a persistent problem in Baghdad.
    A political motive is also possible, as Sadr City is a stronghold of pro-government Shiite militias battling the Islamic State jihadist group, which overran large areas of Iraq last year.
    Ankara has been accused of complacency towards IS and complicity in assisting the jihadist group, which also holds substantial territory in Syria, just over Turkey's southern border.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 2:46 pm