Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Beet and Walnut Salad with Dill

Lobo
    Lobo

Beet and Walnut Salad with Dill Empty Beet and Walnut Salad with Dill

Post by Lobo Sun 31 Jan 2016, 4:05 pm

Beet and Walnut Salad with Dill Img89l
    Beet and Walnut Salad with Dill

Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Cook Time: 45 minutes
    Servings: 4
    The night before your picnic, you can bake the beets, toss them with the vinegar and marinate them in the refrigerator. Then add the remaining ingredients the next day. This salad is also delicious served with poached salmon, or sauté the beet greens and pair them with the beets. A mandoline helps you cut the beets into neat, even slices.

Ingredients:

• 8 small beets, about 2 1/2 lb. total
    • 1 1/2 Tbs. red wine vinegar, plus more as
        needed
    • 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
    • 2 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
    • 1 garlic clove, minced
    • Sea salt, to taste
    • 1/3 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts

Beet and Walnut Salad with Dill Wine-pairing-icon-white

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with crisp, medium-bodied white wines like the Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc, Napa County/Sonoma County from our Wine Club.

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 375°F.

Remove the beet greens, if attached, leaving about 1 inch of stem attached to the beets; reserve the greens for another use. Place the beets in a baking dish and cover with water by about 1/4 inch. Cover the dish tightly and bake until the beets can be easily pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes or more, depending on the size of the beets.

When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into thin slices. Place the beets in a medium bowl, add the 1 1/2 Tbs. vinegar and toss together gently. Let stand for 30 minutes.

Add the olive oil, dill, garlic and salt, stirring gently so the slices don't break. Taste and add more vinegar, if needed. Stir in the walnuts and serve. Serves 4.

Williams-Sonoma.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:24 am