Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Sweet Pea Puree

Lobo
    Lobo

Sweet Pea Puree Empty Sweet Pea Puree

Post by Lobo Sat 16 Jan 2016, 11:13 pm

Sweet Pea Puree Img40l
    Sweet Pea Puree
    Sweet Pea Puree Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 5 minutes
    Servings: 6
    A naturally high sugar content makes nutritious green sweet peas an early favorite with baby, and they cook readily into a silky-smooth puree. Frozen peas are a great alternative to fresh peas in season, as they’re frozen at their peak.

Ingredients:

• 2 cups peas, fresh or frozen

Directions:

Pour water into a saucepan to a depth of 1 inch. Put the peas in a steamer basket and put the basket in the saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and steam until the peas are bright green and tender enough to mash easily with a fork, about 5 minutes for fresh or frozen peas and about 3 minutes for thawed frozen peas.

Remove from the heat and remove the steamer basket from the saucepan, reserving the cooking liquid. Rinse the peas under cold running water to stop the cooking. Transfer the peas to a food processor or blender and process to a smooth puree. Add enough of the reserved cooking liquid, breast milk or formula to thin the puree to a consistency your baby can handle. Makes about 1 1/2 cups puree.

Store It: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or spoon individual portions into ice-cube trays or other baby-food freezer containers and freeze, covered, for up to 3 months.

Variation: After baby has tried a number of flavors, serve up some creamy combos: swirl together equal parts of the pea puree and rice cereal, or blend pea puree with a little zucchini puree.

Adapted from The Baby & Toddler Cookbook, by Karen Ansel, R. D., & Charity Ferreira (Weldon Owen, 2010).

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:58 pm