Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Sautéed Green Beans

Lobo
    Lobo

Sautéed Green Beans Empty Sautéed Green Beans

Post by Lobo Sun 24 Jan 2016, 7:52 pm

Sautéed Green Beans Img49l
    Sautéed Green Beans
    Sautéed Green Beans Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 30 minutes
    Cook Time: 15 minutes
    Servings: 4
    Hey, kids, don't forget the veggies! These green beans are very easy to make and taste great. The dish includes shallots, which are in the same family as onions. Resembling a large clove of garlic covered with a papery bronze or reddish skin, the shallot has a sweet flavor when cooked.

Ingredients:

• 4 shallots
    • 1 teaspoon salt, plus more, to taste
    • 1 pound green beans, stems snapped off
    • 1 tablespoon butter
    • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    • Freshly ground pepper, to taste

Directions:

Before you start
    Be sure an adult is nearby to help.

Fill a large saucepan half full with water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil.

Cut off the stem ends of the shallots. Cut each shallot in half lengthwise. Peel off and throw away the papery outer skin. Slice the shallots thinly lengthwise.

Cook the beans
    When the water is boiling, add the 1 teaspoon salt and drop in the green beans. Boil the beans until they are bright green and just tender, 3 to 5 minutes.

Set a colander in the sink. Ask an adult to help you pour the beans into the colander. Rinse the beans with cold water until they are cool, then drain again.

Cook the shallots
    Put the butter in a fry pan over low heat and let it melt. When the butter foams, add the shallots and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until they are very soft and beginning to brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Add the vinegar and stir for another minute until the shallots are coated.

Mix it together
    Add the drained beans to the fry pan. Increase the heat to medium and cook, tossing with the tongs, until the beans are heated through, about 1 minute. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Fun Food, by Stephanie Rosenbaum (Simon & Schuster, 2006).

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 1:38 pm