Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Tomato, Arugula and Goat Cheese Frittata

Lobo
    Lobo

Tomato, Arugula and Goat Cheese Frittata Empty Tomato, Arugula and Goat Cheese Frittata

Post by Lobo Mon 26 Dec 2016, 5:33 pm

Tomato, Arugula and Goat Cheese Frittata Img28l
    Tomato, Arugula and Goat Cheese Frittata

Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 20 minutes
    Servings: 4 to 6
    The sharp flavor and dark green color of arugula are a clue to the powerful nutrients it contains. Here it stars with cherry tomatoes and a modest amount of goat cheese in an easy frittata that makes a hearty yet healthy brunch entrée.

Ingredients:

• 6 eggs
    • 1 cup (8 fl. oz./250 ml) low-fat milk
    • Salt and freshly ground pepper
    • 4 oz. (125 g) soft goat cheese, crumbled
    • 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) olive oil
    • 1 garlic clove, minced
    • 2 cups (12 oz./375 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
    • 4 cups (4 oz./125 g) arugula, coarsely chopped, plus 1/2 cup (1/2 oz./15 g) whole leaves
    • Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 375°F (190°C).

In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until smooth. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the cheese and stir once. Set aside.

In a 10-inch (25-cm) fry pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic and sauté until light golden, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and sauté until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the 4 cups chopped arugula and stir to mix.

Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook until the mixture begins to set, about 5 minutes. Place in the oven and bake until the frittata has completely set and is golden-brown on top, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.

Sprinkle the frittata with the arugula leaves and drizzle with the extra-virgin olive oil. Cut into wedges and serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Healthy Dish of the Day, by Kate McMillan (Weldon Owen, 2014)

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:43 pm