Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Syrian government sets conditions for any investigation into the gas attack

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The Syrian government sets conditions for any investigation into the gas attack Empty The Syrian government sets conditions for any investigation into the gas attack

Post by Rocky Fri 07 Apr 2017, 1:21 am

The Syrian government sets conditions for any investigation into the gas attack

Arab and international  Since 2017-04-06 at 17:49 (Baghdad time)

Follow Mawazine News
    The Syrian government put conditions on Thursday for any international inquiry into a suspected chemical attack that killed dozens of people in the north-west of the country, saying it should not be "politicized" and start from Damascus, not from Turkey.
    Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem said his country's past experiences with international investigations were not "encouraging". He said Syria would only consider the idea of ​​an inquiry after addressing its concerns.
    Al-Moallem reiterated his government's vehement denials that it was behind Tuesday's attack on Khan Sheikun in the Idlib province bordering Turkey in the northwest of the country, which is controlled by armed opposition factions.
    The US president accused Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's government on Wednesday of "crossing a red line" and said his attitude toward Syria and Assad had changed. But he did not say what his response would be.
    The teacher did not respond directly to Trump's remarks, but said: "I understand, like you, the seriousness of recent US statements," citing expectations that US statements are merely a means of diplomatic pressure on the United Nations.
    "The Russian delegate presented ideas on forming a neutral, highly politicized, non-politicized commission of inquiry to do this," Mouallem told a news conference in Damascus.
    He stressed the need not politicize the proposed investigation and called for his departure from Damascus, not from Turkey. He added that Damascus has countless questions on this subject and that when it is sure that it has received convincing answers, the response to this proposal will be sent.
    Western countries accused the Syrian regime of chemical weapons attacks on Khan Sheikun on Tuesday, killing at least 70 people, including at least 20 children. Russia says the deaths were caused by a gas leak from a warehouse where opposition groups were stockpiling chemical weapons after a Syrian air strike.
    "The first Syrian air raid took place at 11:30 pm on the same day on a munitions depot belonging to the Nasra Front, which has chemicals," he said.
    The Nasra Front is a militant group that is now working in the framework of an alliance called the Sham Liberation. Al-Moallem added that the front of the victory and the organization of an advocate stockpiles chemical weapons in urban areas in Syria.
    Armed groups deny the presence of any military positions in the areas targeted by the air strike on Tuesday.
    "I assure you once again that the Syrian Arab Army is not and will not use this kind of weapon not against our people and children, but even against the terrorists who are killing our people and our children and attacking the safe in the cities through their indiscriminate missiles," he said. In a separate context, al-Moallem said he saw a basis for reaching an understanding with the Kurdish groups that have taken control of large areas in northern Syria.
    "As far as the Kurdish component is concerned, I am sure we will reach an understanding with them once the fight against terrorism is completed, so I think the state's decision is wise in this regard," he said.
    The head of the Kurdish People's Protection Unit, the main armed faction of the Syrian Kurds, said last month that he was ready to reach an understanding with the Syrian government when securing Kurdish rights. Syria's main Kurdish parties say they want to maintain a form of local autonomy in a final settlement of the Syrian war.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mawazin.net%2F%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%AA%D9%88%D8%AC%D9%87-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A8%D9%86%D8%A7-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%AF%D8%B9%D9%88%D8%A9-%D8%B1%D8%B3%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%A9%2F%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A9&edit-text=

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 3:22 am