Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Speak life today

csd9013
    csd9013

Speak life today Empty Speak life today

Post by csd9013 Fri 12 May 2017, 9:18 am

1 Kings 17:17-24New International Version (NIV)
    17 Some time later the son of the woman who owned the house became ill. He grew worse and worse, and finally stopped breathing. 18 She said to Elijah, “What do you have against me, man of God? Did you come to remind me of my sin and kill my son?”

19 “Give me your son,” Elijah replied. He took him from her arms, carried him to the upper room where he was staying, and laid him on his bed.20 Then he cried out to the Lord, “Lord my God, have you brought tragedy even on this widow I am staying with, by causing her son to die?” 21 Then he stretched himself out on the boy three times and cried out to the Lord, “Lord my God, let this boy’s life return to him!”

22 The Lord heard Elijah’s cry, and the boy’s life returned to him, and he lived. 23 Elijah picked up the child and carried him down from the room into the house. He gave him to his mother and said, “Look, your son is alive!”

24 Then the woman said to Elijah, “Now I know that you are a man of God and that the word of the Lord from your mouth is the truth.”

Speak life today. We live in a world filled with pain and chaos and if we just watch social media for a few moments we can see the tension around us. We are vessels of life. God has created in us new hearts, and has called us to speak life in to the pain around us. Elijah spoke and prayed for God to bring life back in to this child, and God did. But what about us. God has called us to speak life, and so often we are fueling the tensions we see around us with our lack of compassion and grace. I am not saying compromise on clear truth, but I am saying that when we see the hurt around us we have an opportunity to speak life into it and see God move in the lives of those around us. God creates life in dead hearts all around us, and the challenge to you and me is what part will we play in it. Will we be like Elijah and be used as a vessel to speak life or will we simply fuel the tension in an already tense world?

Current date/time is Thu 04 Jul 2024, 10:33 pm