Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Water resources: Turkish Alissu Dam will not harm the water quota entering Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Water resources: Turkish Alissu Dam will not harm the water quota entering Iraq Empty Water resources: Turkish Alissu Dam will not harm the water quota entering Iraq

Post by Rocky Wed 22 Nov 2017, 2:19 am

[size=30]Water resources: Turkish Alissu Dam will not harm the water quota entering Iraq[/size]
    22/11/2017 09:10 | Number of readings:
    font size: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Trend Press / Continue

The Ministry of Water Resources confirmed that the Alesso dam, which was built by the Turkish side, on the Tigris River will not harm the water quota entering Iraq, noting that it will provide water to eliminate the problem of water scarcity.
    "Turkey has established the Alesso dam on the Tigris River, but this will not harm the water quota entering Iraq," an official source at the ministry said in a press statement.
    "The Minister of Water Resources Hassan al-Janabi agreed with the Turkish side not to damage the Iraqi share of the water," he said. "Turkey will start its work by March 2018.
    "The dam will not cause harm to the Iraqi territories, as it will provide Iraq with water reserves sufficient to meet its needs, in addition to the rain that will be used in the irrigation of orchards."
    He pointed out that "Alesso dam works to store water without prejudice to the Iraqi water quota, especially after the recent agreement between Minister Hassan al-Janabi and the Turkish side not to prejudice the Iraqi share of water."
    Earlier this year, the Committee on Agriculture, Water and Marshlands attributed the drop in water levels of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers to the lack of rain and the construction of the Turkish Alesso dam, while the government and the Foreign Ministry demanded international action to stop the construction of the dam.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 10:48 pm