[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Economy News - Baghdad
Al-Eqtisad News publishes the text of the decisions of the thirty-ninth regular session of the Council of Ministers, which was held today, Tuesday, under the chairmanship of Al-Sudani.
Al-Sudani’s office stated in a statement, “Prime Minister Muhammad Shia’ al-Sudani chaired, today, Tuesday, the thirty-ninth regular session of the Council of Ministers, during which developments in the situation in the country were discussed, the implementation of files related to various issues at the national level was followed up, and the progress of implementing the priorities of the government program.” In addition to discussing the topics on the agenda and issuing decisions and recommendations related to them.”
At the beginning of the session, the Prime Minister spoke about “his participation at the head of the Iraqi delegation to the meetings of the United Nations General Assembly, which were held in New York, and the meetings that were held on the sidelines of this participation with a number of leaders and heads of state, and international and global organizations, and the results of these meetings.” Joint understandings, agreements, and statements that fuel the path of Iraq’s international cooperation and enhance economic partnerships with brotherly and friendly countries.”
Al-Sudani directed, “All ministries work to follow up on what was reached in this visit and activate bilateral agreements and joint understandings.”
Al-Sudani also renewed “the government’s commitment to international resolutions and the principles of good neighborliness,” stressing “its keenness to overcome the dispute with the sisterly State of Kuwait, and to make efforts to find a solution to the issue of regulating navigation in Khor Abdullah, in a way that does not conflict with the Iraqi constitution and international law,” noting that "Such crises are resolved through understanding and reliance on rationality, away from the language of emotion and convulsive populist statements that only produce more crises and tension."
The Prime Minister expressed his "full confidence in the end of this dispute, given the strong will of both sides, the Iraqi and the Kuwaiti, to resolve this issue through mechanisms of mutual understanding and dialogue."
According to the statement, “In celebration of the National Day of the Republic of Iraq, the Prime Minister directed that official working hours be suspended on Tuesday, October 3, 2023, in all ministries and state institutions, on this occasion.”
The statement indicated, “In the field of continuing financial and administrative reform steps, the Council of Ministers decided the following:
1 - Commitment that all state contracts executed inside Iraq will be in Iraqi dinars, except for those opened by an external documentary credit, in which case they will be according to the agreement between the two parties and for the value of the documentary credit only.
2- The Ministry of Planning will inventory all previous state contracts that were contracted in the US dollar currency, with the exception of those for which an external documentary credit was opened, and prepare a table of them, which will be sent to the Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank with the amounts of these contracts due, provided that the Ministry of Planning determines the upper limit. Monthly, the Central Bank must cover it in US dollars, according to the receivables received from the contracting parties. The Central Bank covers these receivables at an exchange rate of (1,320 dinars) per US dollar, deposited in the account of the Ministry of Finance, for the purpose of covering the monthly payments to pay these contracts, according to the requirements. Work and exchange release orders that meet release controls.
3- Regarding Iraqi borrowers from government banks (including the Iraqi Trade Bank) in the US dollar currency, these banks are committed to repaying their loans at an exchange rate of (1,320 dinars) for every US dollar from the borrower, provided that the Central Bank covers these loans in US dollars, which are repaid to the lending bank. This procedure applies exclusively to loans that were made before the issuance of this decision.”
The Council of Ministers also approved, according to the statement, “the recommendation of the Ministerial Council for the Economy (230204 Q) as follows:
1. The Ministry of Transport will postpone claiming its debts related to flooring fees and fines due from the General Iron and Steel Company and reschedule them, so that payment will be made when the aforementioned company’s factories are operational.”
2 The Ministry of Transport/The General Company for Iraqi Ports took all necessary procedures with the beneficiary parties and established a working mechanism that ensures the speedy removal of goods from the ports, in order to avoid the consequence of fines or ground fees due to the delay in their removal.”
The statement added, “As part of the Council’s follow-up of the energy sector and progress in implementing paths of reform, development, and exploitation of gas wealth, the Council of Ministers approved the recommendation of the Ministerial Council for Energy (23083 for the year 2023) regarding the gas gathering and compression project in the Nasiriyah oil field, according to the following: Approval of the committee’s recommendation.
” Central review and approval of the referral in the Ministry of Oil at its session held on August 6, 2023 regarding the request of the Dhi Qar Oil Company, one of the companies of the Ministry of Oil, to approve the referral of the gas gathering and compression project in the Nasiriyah oil field under the custody of a coalition (the Oil Projects Company / the Ministry of Oil and the Italian PEG company) In the amount of (272,000,000) dollars only, two hundred and seventy-two million dollars, which is higher than the estimated cost by (7.3%) according to the Dhi Qar Oil Company’s letter dated July 26, 2023.”
He pointed out that, “With regard to the electricity sector, the Council of Ministers approved what was stated in the letter of the Ministry of Electricity dated September 4, 2023, regarding amending the sales contract by amending and renewing the contract related to the Iraqi-Jordanian electrical interconnection project, which was signed in 2019, to suit it.” With the new processing period and amending the terms and conditions, while maintaining the price equation contained in the energy sale contract, which includes the sale of electrical energy from the National Electricity Company in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan to the General Electric Power Transmission Company - Central Region / Ministry of Electricity, to purchase energy for a period of 36 months after Completing the connection between the two Risha transformer stations in Jordan and the Al-Qaim transformer station in Iraq at a voltage of 400 kV.”
He continued, “Within the affairs of the oil sector, completing the export infrastructure, and developing Iraq’s capabilities in this field, the Council of Ministers decided the following:
1. The Ministry of Finance placed a deposit with the Iraqi Trade Bank in the value of the total cost of the two marine pipelines project (4 and 5) and the new marine platform of (1,265,444,000,000) dollars, which is included in the investment plan of the Ministry of Oil/Basra Oil Company for the year 2023.
2. The commitment of the Ministries of Planning and Oil to the total cost of the aforementioned project and the annual allocations within the investment budget of the Ministry of Oil for the years (2023, 2024, 2025, and 2026). 3.
The Ministries of Oil and Planning shall notify the Ministry of Finance/Accounting Department of the financing due to the contracting company according to the amount of achievement and the approved contexts, and the Ministry of Finance shall finance the company’s account from the deposit mentioned in Paragraph (1) above.
4. Cancellation of Cabinet Decisions (29 of 2020), (6 of 2021), and (83 of 2022).”
According to the statement, “In addition to following up on providing means of fortifications, requirements for security work, and extending stability, the Council of Ministers decided to approve the exception to the private contract.” Implementing the Misk Wadi Al-Tharthar project (purchasing concrete cameras and towers and establishing fortified points); From the direct contracting methods stipulated in the Instructions for Implementing Government Contracts (2 of 2014), and from the armament controls issued by the National Security Advisory regarding arming the security services, due to the tactical and strategic importance of the project.”
The Council also decided to "approve the issuance of the Air Defense Institute system, based on the provisions of the Defense University Law for Military Studies No. (4) of 2016, and the provisions of the Constitution, taking into account the observations of the Legal Department in the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers."
The statement added, "The Council continued to follow up on the implementation of agricultural plans, implement methods of confronting water scarcity and drought, and follow modern methods of irrigation, as the Council of Ministers approved the recommendations of the minutes of the meeting of the joint permanent committee between the Ministries of Agriculture and Water Resources regarding the winter agricultural plan approved for the season (2023 - 2024), according to the following:
1. The Ministry of Water Resources’ commitment to the winter agricultural plan based on the forecasts of international meteorological centers.
2. The winter planting and seed distribution season will start on October 1, 2023, with the Ministry of Water Resources starting to increase water releases on October 15. The second, 2023.
3. Re-reviewing the indicators of the winter agricultural plan during the period from November 15, 2023, until November 30, 2023.
4. Determining the areas covered by irrigation in the winter season according to the following:
- The areas covered by irrigation through rivers and streams are one and a half million dunams.
- The areas for which the water share will be secured through underground wells in the amount of four million dunams, on the condition that modern irrigation systems are used, and that negligent parties are held accountable and not included in the next agricultural plan when irrigation is used for irrigation.
5. Focusing agriculture on rivers and stream beds and preventing agriculture within the borders of marshes and floodplains in the governorates of Wasit, Maysan, Basra, Diyala, and Dhi Qar.
6. Granting interest-free loans to purchase modern irrigation systems (pivot, fixed, and drip systems) and solar energy systems.
7. Subsidizing the price of fuel for the Ministry of Water Resources and releasing the fuel quota to address water scarcity conditions.
8. Continuing the campaign to remove violations, especially the campaign to remove unauthorized fish lakes.
9. Forming joint committees from the Water Resources Directorates, Agriculture Directorates, Agricultural Committees, Farmer Associations, and Police Directorates in all governorates, and local governments, to follow up on farmers’ and peasants’ commitment to the irrigation areas approved in the plan above, and to hold violators legally responsible for their violations. The two ministries are not committed and are not responsible for considering or promoting any requests. Regarding compensation if this happens, with setting bi-monthly meetings whose dates are agreed upon, in coordination between the directorates of the Ministry of Agriculture and the water resources directorates in all governorates.”
The statement continued: “The Council also considered a number of files and issues presented on the agenda, and took the necessary decisions regarding them, as follows:
1- Giving the Ministry of Justice the authority to make an exception to the mechanism used in selection, and to contract with law firms, with fees commensurate with the value of the case, and for the committee composed of a letter from the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers on September 12, 2023, to follow up on the arbitration decision in the Horus Company case, to unify legal, political and technical efforts. .
2- Approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ recommendation regarding the establishment of non-resident diplomatic representation with the Republic of Moldova, through our embassy in Bucharest, based on the provisions of Articles (25) and (26) of Foreign Service Law No. (45) of 2008, and the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations for the year/ 1963.
3- Approval of the recommendation of the Ministerial Council for Human Development (23028 B for the year 2023), according to the following:
Approval of the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention in Iraq (2023-2030).”
Added 09/26/2023 - 8:58 PM
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]