Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Ihsan Shamran: Iraqi banks “reckless” and we tasted “worse” experiences with Kurdistan

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Kurdistan - Ihsan Shamran: Iraqi banks “reckless” and we tasted “worse” experiences with Kurdistan Empty Ihsan Shamran: Iraqi banks “reckless” and we tasted “worse” experiences with Kurdistan

Post by Rocky Sun 21 Apr 2024, 11:08 am

Interview with 964 Network
    Ihsan Shamran: Iraqi banks “reckless” and we tasted “worse” experiences with Kurdistan

12:08

Erbil – 964

Ihsan Shamran, a financial expert, who spent many years as a member of the Board of Directors of the Central Bank of Iraq, warns that some banks in the country “were reckless” to the point that they justified American and international sanctions on them. He believes that the visit of Prime Minister Muhammad al-Sudani to Washington may be an opportunity to review... He was serious about what was happening in the local financial market, and seemed optimistic about the differences between Erbil and Baghdad because “we lived in worse days.”

Ihsan Shamran, in an interview with Maysoon Al-Shaheen at the 964 Network booth at the Erbil Book Fair:

The sanctions and procedures imposed on the Egyptian-Iraqi sector are partly fair and objective. Some of our banks are reckless with the issue of compliance with international standards, and the issue is not limited to Iraq. Rather, there are issues that have become a global norm, such as issues related to drugs, money laundering, and terrorist financing, and when there is laxity in knowing the customer, “which is an authentic principle.” “We will not blame the American administration or international institutions when sanctions are issued.
    With the Prime Minister's visit to Washington, we hope that the outlook for Iraqi banks will improve, and this is an opportunity for the Central Bank to separate the “bad” banks from those that have the potential to be sustainable.
    I am optimistic regarding the crisis between Baghdad and Erbil, as Iraq has reached more critical situations than the current situation with the Kurdistan region, but as a result the region has gained weight and has an economic and legal status.
    The problems caused by some, or who think that the region remains administratively, financially, and politically subordinate, are supposed to be perceptions that change, because Iraq is federal and federalism has its own concepts and standards, and the region, in the full sense of federalism, has its institutions and laws in force, and perhaps some of them are ahead of many other laws.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 12:30 pm