Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Spicy Long Beans

Lobo
    Lobo

Spicy Long Beans Empty Spicy Long Beans

Post by Lobo Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:04 pm

Spicy Long Beans Img22l
    Spicy Long Beans
    Spicy Long Beans Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Servings: 4
    Chinese long beans are very long, rounded pod beans used in Asian cooking. Also known as yard-long beans, they can grow up to about 3 feet long, although they are usually picked at about 18 inches. The bean belongs to the same family as the black-eyed pea. Here, red chili-garlic sauce (sold in the Asian section of well-stocked supermarkets) adds a flavorful kick to the beans. Serve alongside our Lacquered Duck Breasts.

Ingredients:

• Salt, to taste
    • 1 lb. Chinese long beans, brown ends trimmed,
        beans cut into 8-inch lengths
    • 1 Tbs. duck fat (reserved from making lacquered
        duck breasts)
    • 2 garlic cloves, minced
    • 1 1/4 tsp. red chili-garlic sauce

Related Recipes

Spicy Long Beans Wine-pairing-icon-white

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with soft, medium-bodied white wines like the Diemersdal MM Louw Sauvignon Blanc, Durbanville from our Wine Club.

Directions:

Have a large bowl of ice water ready.

Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Generously salt the water, add the long beans and blanch for 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to the ice water to stop the cooking, then drain. Cut the beans in half and tie each half in a knot.

In a large fry pan over high heat, warm the duck fat. Add the long beans and cook, stirring frequently, until almost heated through. Transfer to a plate.

Let the pan cool slightly, reduce the heat to medium-high, and add the garlic and the chili-garlic sauce. Return the beans to the pan, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
    Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 1:20 am