Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Saudi Arabia and UAE seek to launch a "digital" currency

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

launch -  Saudi Arabia and UAE seek to launch a "digital" currency Empty Saudi Arabia and UAE seek to launch a "digital" currency

Post by Rocky Wed 21 Nov 2018, 2:22 am

Saudi Arabia and UAE seek to launch a "digital" currency

launch -  Saudi Arabia and UAE seek to launch a "digital" currency 11326

The Vice President of the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency for Strategy and Excellence, Mohsen bin Ali Al-Zahrani, revealed that the Foundation is working with the UAE Central Bank to create a "coded" currency, covered by cash at the Central Bank.
    Al-Zahrani said the planned currency would be used between Saudi and UAE banks as payments in banks, including a specific number of banks in the two countries, the official SPA news agency reported.
    Al-Zahrani predicted that large parts of this encrypted currency project will be completed by the middle of 2019. SAMA will examine the appropriateness of its continuity and expansion among banks.
    Al-Zahrani made the remarks during his participation in a symposium organized by the Sultan bin Abdulaziz Center for Science and Technology (SITEK) in the Eastern Province of King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals on Tuesday.
    The aim of the meeting is to develop a national roadmap for five governmental bodies, in cooperation with private entities, on how to adopt the digital economy and to learn about the latest developments in this regard.
    UAE's central bank governor Mubarak al-Mansouri said the digital currency to be launched between the UAE and Saudi Arabia had entered the design phase in cooperation with the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA).
    Al-Mansouri pointed out that it will be agreed on the date of launching the currency with the Saudi side, according to a detailed study currently under way.
    He explained that the digital currency is not intended to replace a certain currency, but it will be a new tool of payment between banks, not between individual consumers.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:03 am