Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New York Islanders

jedi17
    jedi17

New York Islanders  Empty New York Islanders

Post by jedi17 Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:21 am

Natural Disasters
    March 14, 2017, 1:47 PM ET [103 Comments]
    Noel Fogelman
    New York Islanders Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    Follow me on Twitter @thefirstnoel19

The Islanders left for Raleigh last night following their embarrassing loss to the Carolina Hurricanes before the so-called blizzard in New York. They look for redemption tonight against a team who have put up 20 goals in three games.

J.F. Berube started the first Islanders game at Barclays Center since February 19 and didn't made it through the second period after allowing four goals on 13 shots. Berube was replaced by Thomas Greiss, who started all nine games on the road trip. Greiss clearly thought was was getting the night off as the German goaltender allowed two goals on the first two shots he faced. Greiss allowed four goals on 20 shots.

Berube is currently not an NHL goaltender. This is not breaking news.

“I’m here, I hope I did enough to be here. I worked hard to be in this position. At the same time, I’ve been working hard and trying to find my game. It really stings right now because I know I’m a lot better than this. It’s a really tough situation, but I’m not going to give up. I know people believe in me, just have to find a way.”

The three-goalie drama ended when general manager Garth Snow waived Jaroslav Halak December 31 and has spent the last ten weeks with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Halak has been nothing short of great in the AHL going 16-5-3, 2.17 GAA and .926 save percentage. The $64,000 question remains why the Slovak has not been recalled by the Islanders. The answer is quite simple, Garth Snow.

The enigmatic general manager clearly has an issue with his goaltender and his agent, Allan Walsh. Snow's personal feelings potentially will cost the team their third straight playoff berth. If that turns out to be the case I hope Islanders owners Jon Ledecky and Scott Malkin take notice.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:00 am