Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Trump to deliver State of the Union address next week

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Trump to deliver State of the Union address next week Empty Trump to deliver State of the Union address next week

Post by Rocky Tue 29 Jan 2019, 6:57 am

Trump to deliver State of the Union address next week AAy3teK
    Trump to deliver State of the Union address next week

CBSNews
    1 hr ago

Trump to deliver State of the Union address next week BBSSZL0©️ Evan Vucci/ AP Photo President Donald Trump announces a deal to temporarily reopen the government, in the Rose Garden of the White House, Friday, Jan. 25, 2019, in Washington. (AP Photo/ Evan Vucci) President Trump has accepted an invitation from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to deliver the State of the Union address next week.

"It is my great honor to accept," he told Pelosi in a letter Monday. "We have a great story to tell and yet, great goals to achieve!"

On Monday, Pelosi invited Mr. Trump to deliver the address in a letter, posted on Twitter by her spokesman, Drew Hammill. It read, "In our conversation today, we agreed on February 5th. Therefore, I invite you to deliver your State of the Union address before a Joint Session of Congress on February 5, 2019 in the House Chamber."

Hamill said that the conversation between Mr. Trump and Pelosi was the first they'd had since Jan. 9, the day he met her in the White House Situation Room about the shutdown. Their meeting that day ended abruptly, with the president walking out of the room after Pelosi said she was not willing to support a border wall soon, even if the government reopened.

Last week, before the partial government shutdown ended, Mr. Trump had acceded to Pelosi's request that he reschedule the speech until after the government was open again. This was more than a request, however — Pelosi said that she would not allow a vote on a concurrent resolution authorizing him to make the address in the House chamber.

The White House is reviewing Pelosi's letter and invitation.

Rebecca Kaplan, Steven Portnoy and Fin Gomez contributed to this report.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-to-deliver-state-of-the-union-address-next-week/ar-BBSRWva?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U453DHP

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 1:53 pm