Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

Sistani rejects Maliki's third term

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Sistani rejects Maliki's third term Empty Sistani rejects Maliki's third term

Post by Rocky Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:45 am

Sistani rejects Maliki's third term

05/07/2014

BasNews, Erbil

The son of Iraq's Shi'ite Cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, Mohammed Raza al-Sistani contacted officials from Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's Islamic Dawa Party to inform them that his father is against Maliki running for a third term.

A source close to Sistani told Iraqi media that Raza Sistani has been in touch with the Shi'ite coalition to deliver his father's message.

He also urged the politicians to find a rapid solution and reach a mutual agreement amongst parties in order to nominate a new prime minister and help solve the conflict that has engulfed north Iraq.

According to the source Sistani told the leaders of the Islamic Dawa Party that they should not follow their personal interests and neglect the public ones.

It was also mentioned that Sistani had not wanted to intervene in political cases, but today's crisis in Iraq had pushed him to make such statements.

Iraqi political parties has been in loggerhead regarding the formation of the new government and new Iraqi Prime Minister, with Maliki ruling out stepping away from the post. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Sistani rejects Maliki's third term Empty Re: Sistani rejects Maliki's third term

Post by Neno Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:58 am

It was also mentioned that Sistani had not wanted to intervene in political cases, but today's crisis in Iraq had pushed him to make such statements.

Current date/time is Mon 16 Sep 2024, 7:46 am