[size=36]Mawazine publishes the full decisions of the Council of Ministers session[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
, on Tuesday, during its 49th regular session, the Council of Ministers took several decisions after discussing the files on its agenda.
A statement from the Prime Minister’s Media Office, received by Mawazine News, stated that “Prime Minister Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani chaired, today, Tuesday, the forty-ninth regular session of the Council of Ministers, during which various general political situations, service, economic and social files were discussed, as well as... Following up on the implementation of the government program and its progress in multiple areas and on various performance axes.”
He added: “On the occasion of International Volunteer Day, and in appreciation of their valuable efforts that they have made to serve the nation and society and with the aim of spreading the culture of volunteer work in Iraq, the Prime Minister directed the following:
1. Obligating all ministries and government agencies to show the utmost cooperation, and to provide facilities for volunteers and volunteer teams to implement... Their programs.
2. Allocating a financial grant to volunteers who are exposed to accidents during their volunteer work.
3. Allocating an annual national award to those distinguished in volunteer work.
4. Ministries that have a need for volunteers establish volunteer centers in them that work to organize them, within their programs and activities.
In the field Social Welfare: The Council of Ministers decided to approve the proposals of the draft law on the first amendment to the Law on the Care of People with Disabilities and Special Needs (38 of 2013), which included increasing the salary of the full-time employee to 250 thousand dinars, and authorizing the Council of Ministers to adjust the salary when needed, taking into account the department’s comments. Legal issues in the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers, and the notes that were presented during the session.
In order to complete the solution to the problem of free lecturers, the Council of Ministers agreed to exempt Baghdad Governorate from the controls and instructions (2 of 2023) for the purpose of contracting with the second Rusafa lecturers (appendix), who number (20,666). Lecturer, provided that it is within the Baghdad Governorate’s share stipulated in Article 66 of the Budget Law.
In the field of following up on health sector projects and completing health and treatment services, the Council of Ministers decided to approve the following:
Allocating the Ministry of Finance (192,827,599,908) dinars, only one hundred and ninety-two billion, eight hundred and twenty-seven million five hundred and ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred and eight dinars, to the Ministry of Health for contracts. Signed and unfunded contracts (drug and dialysis contracts) to exhaust the drug allocation and raise the level of medical and therapeutic services provided in health institutions, based on the provisions of the Federal General Budget Law (13 of 2023).
As a follow-up to the service aspect, and the completion of municipal services in residential areas that suffer from poor services, the Council of Ministers approved authorizing the Baghdad Municipality with the authority to receive the sewage network for the serviced, unserved, and agricultural areas implemented by the people in Al-Zawraa District (Al-Ma’amel), as is the current situation, according to the position of the sites and shops. The updated one, provided that tables of quantities are prepared for the required stores to be developed.
The Council also approved the allocation of the Ministry of Finance (11,774,286,000) dinars, only eleven billion seven hundred and seventy-four million two hundred and eighty-six thousand dinars to the Municipality of Baghdad for the emergency needs governing repairs to the sinking of the main conveyor line (Baghdad Line) of the Baghdad Sewerage Department from the emergency reserve, based on To the provisions of the Federal General Budget Law for the fiscal years (2023 - 2024 - 2025).
Within the same service framework, the Council of Ministers approved the recommendation of the Ministerial Council for the Economy No. (20279 Q) regarding the project to implement the main line from Al-Habibiyah station to the sewage treatment project in Al-Rustamiyah (Al-Khansaa line), according to the following:
1. Cancellation of Council of Ministers Resolutions (54 of 2014). ) and (214 of 2019).
2. Approval to include the component recorded in the letter of the Ministry of Planning, dated August 27, 2023, as a new, independent project within the federal general budget for the year 2023, and the Municipality of Baghdad will transfer an amount out of the allocations of its investment projects for the year 2023 for the purpose of inclusion, provided that its total cost is covered within the budget tables. Federal General Assembly for the year 2024, according to what was stated in the Federal General Budget Law (13 of 2023).
As part of the economic reform trends, the Council of Ministers approved the recommendations of the minutes of the meeting of the team formed pursuant to Council of Ministers Resolution (23408 of 2023), which included amending the legislative decision.
(767 of 1987) regarding the draft law exempting development projects from taxes and fees (repealing the dissolved Revolutionary Command Council’s decision No. 767 of 1987), to become as follows:
1. Limiting (defining) the concept of development projects set forth in Legislative Resolution (767 of 1987) and the Council’s decision Ministers (167 of 2010) Projects financed by loans and grants within the federal general budget.
2. Projects that are announced after the issuance of this decision are included in this decision according to the interpretation mentioned in Paragraph (1) above.
3. The exemption becomes effective for projects that were included under Council of Ministers Resolution (167 of 2010) derived from Legislative Resolution (767 of 1987) and signed before the issuance of this decision.
In the field of monitoring the investment sector and stimulating economic development, the Council of Ministers decided to approve the following:
1. The relevant ministries shall provide priced statements and modification paths for the conflicts facing the implementation of government projects included in the investment plan.
2. The statements are presented to the contractors implementing these projects. For the purpose of implementing it at the same prices, and under the supervision of the competent ministry.
3. In the event that the contractor apologizes for implementation, for any reason, the competent minister grants the authority to implement an exception to the contracting methods and instructions for implementing the budget.
4. The costs of conflicts are added to the cost of the project (outside the amount of reserve, supervision and control) without the need for the approval of the Ministry of Planning and the Ministerial Council for the Economy.
5. This decision will be implemented for a period of (6) months, with the Ministry of Planning being informed of this.
Also in the investment sector, the Council of Ministers approved the recommendation of the minutes of the fifth meeting of the Diwani Order Committee (22432) of 2022 concerned with (reviewing the agreement with the Chinese side and proposing a policy for selecting and determining its projects), according to the following:
Financing the projects listed below from the investment account, based on the second axis (the Iraqi-Chinese Agreement/A) of the federal general budget law for the three years, and includes the projects and their estimated costs:
1 Jerusalem Station: 1 212,500,000 dollars
2 Jerusalem Station: 3 212,500,000 Dollar
3. Akkas Gas Station: $106,250,000.
The Council discussed a number of issues and files on its agenda, and took the following decisions regarding them:
First/ Approval of the issuance of the Environmental Powers System for the year 2023, which was audited by the State Council, based on the provisions of the Constitution and Article (5). ) of Law (1 of 2020) The Third Amendment Law to the Law on Training for Persons in Medical and Health Professions (6 of 2000), taking into account the opinion of the Legal Department in the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers.
1. Approval of annexing the plot numbered (529/10 Bartella) to the plot numbered (332) adjacent to and belonging to the Syriac Orthodox Church of Bartella without any allowance, for use as a church and its annexes.
2. The amount of the sales allowance discussed in Paragraph (1) above was considered a government debt and was written off in accordance with the Federal Financial Management Law of 2019 and Cabinet Resolution (23447 of 2023).
Third: Approval to grant the company executing the Al-Shuhada Residential Complex project in Maysan Governorate an operating advance for the second time in the amount of (10,000,000,000) dinars, only ten billion dinars, based on the provisions of the instructions to facilitate the implementation of the Federal General Budget Law of the Republic of Iraq, for the fiscal years (2023-2024). -2025).