Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

“Electronic sorcery” is a refuge for many women in Iraq... and the endings are “unexpected”

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

“Electronic sorcery” is a refuge for many women in Iraq... and the endings are “unexpected” Empty “Electronic sorcery” is a refuge for many women in Iraq... and the endings are “unexpected”

Post by Rocky Thu 28 Dec 2023, 5:02 am

“Electronic sorcery” is a refuge for many women in Iraq... and the endings are “unexpected”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2023-12-28 04:38
    Font

Shafaq News/ The phenomenon of “electronic magic and sorcery” has recently emerged in Iraq, as a result of the exacerbation of social problems resulting from economic decline, the decline in individual awareness, and feelings of despair and frustration, as magic, sorcery, and quackery are promoted through social networks under the guise of “spiritual healers.”
    The phenomenon of sorcery or electronic magic is most widespread on Facebook, as this site brings together a large segment of society, which helps “spiritualists” exploit or defraud the largest number of people, and most of their victims are women.
    Most of these “spiritual people” are primarily concerned with marital relations and the relationships of lovers, as they exploit the issues or wishes that every girl desires, and hopes that her life will be happy, and bring them to their side, with the phrases: Do you have problems with your husband? Or you want to get your lover back or marry you, and other advertisements that everyone subscribes to, and all you have to do is call the number, and there is a “WhatsApp” and “Viber” service as well.
    Most of those who resort to magic, fortune-tellers, and sorcerers are women, as they are the weakest link within societies in countries like Iraq that suffer from crises of war and fighting, deteriorating living and economic conditions, widespread unemployment and corruption, and lack of interest in individual development.
    Many women go to these people for various purposes, the most important of which are treatment, breaking magic, and fortune telling, as is the case with a woman from Baghdad who refused to reveal her name, who was suffering from family problems with her husband that had reached the point of separation.
    Fraud story from “Spirituality”
    The female citizen told Shafaq News Agency: “After separating from my husband, I brought up what happened to me in one of the girls’ groups, and one of them commented that she knew of a (spiritual Alawite) that only served women, and that she could resolve marital disputes and open the share of the spinster to marriage, and nothing would be difficult for her, and she could return you to your husband for less.” From a week ago".
    The citizen added, “I spoke to the girl in private and she gave me the spiritual person’s phone number and said that her name was Al-Alawiyah Umm Ahmed. I then called this spiritual woman for the purpose of helping me return my husband, but she asked to transfer the balance of a 10,000 dinar denomination in the beginning just to raise my problem to her.” 
    She continues, “After transferring the balance and explaining my situation, the spirituality said that solving your problem requires an amount of $500 and two payments, the first (advance) payment being $300. The spirituality explained that the work is being photographed to ensure credibility. It also sent me conversations about previous works with other girls and that it was able to return them.” To their husbands, in addition to resolving the division, and she is trusted and satisfied by her customers, so I decided to send her the money.”
    The citizen continues, “The spiritualist pledged to solve my problem within days, but weeks passed and no change occurred. I tried to contact her many times with no response, and finally I was surprised that she blocked my number and account, and I realized at that time that I had been defrauded by this spiritualist who took advantage of my circumstance just to make money.”
    Reasons for the growth of this phenomenon
    Sadr City Investigative Court Judge, Harith Abdel Jalil, said in a previous statement reported by Shafaq News Agency: “Through our work in the investigative courts for various regions of Baghdad, we have found this phenomenon growing in upscale neighborhoods and popular neighborhoods alike, with the difference in terms of its spread. In popular neighborhoods more than in upscale neighborhoods, most male charlatans assume the name of spirituality.”
    He added, "There are cultural reasons behind its spread, namely lack of awareness, including material reasons that push the perpetrator to practice the profession of magic, sorcery, and quackery, in addition to moral reasons represented by the personal needs and wishes of the victim."
    The Iraqi judge also held social media responsible for the spread of the phenomenon of witchcraft and sorcery, “as it has become easy for charlatans to offer their services to people through pages and accounts on these sites, most of which are under fake names. It has also become easier for the victim to reach them, and it has even reached the point of launching channels.” A satellite channel specializing in this field through phone numbers, which is the first step to luring the victim.”
    "Quack" style
    He pointed out that "the common method among these charlatans is to agree on a specific amount in exchange for the victim getting what he wants, and the amount is usually paid in two installments: the first upon agreement, and the second after the work is completed and the goal is achieved. If the victim does not get what she wants, the first payment is not They are refundable on the pretext that they were costs for purchasing materials to complete the work, and therefore, the victim cannot claim the amount paid in advance because of the agreement not to return it or because she is afraid of her family’s knowledge.”
    He pointed out that in recent times, “the development of this phenomenon has been observed through the method of blackmailing the victim financially, which arrives physically through video clips depicting the victim in any form or pictures that the victim had sent to the perpetrator under the pretext of his need for her to complete acts of magic and sorcery. In this case, the perpetrator By demanding cash or physically exploiting the victim in exchange for not publishing the photos or clips on the Internet.”
    According to the Iraqi judge, “people’s motives for resorting to such charlatans are mostly personal issues, such as if the victim is a girl who has delayed marriage, or a divorced woman who wants to return to her ex-husband, or the victim may be a young man or a man who wants to get a job, or who believes that these charlatans can and have the ability. To make the victim acceptable to everyone and make his speech heard, or ask for an increase in his livelihood, and other matters.”
    Judiciary: The number of customers is increasing 
    For his part, the judge of the Rusafa Investigation Court, Ahmed Makki, stated that “the number of clients of these magicians and sorcerers is increasing,” pointing out that “the largest group of visitors to these places are women. Sometimes the woman wants to improve her image in the eyes of her husband and keep him away from foreign relations, and sometimes Another woman believes that she is under the influence of magic, which has caused problems between her and her husband. Sometimes she thinks that she will not get a suitable husband except through magic, or that she is under the influence of magic, which has caused her not to get married. Here comes the role of witches and sorcerers in exploiting what... Women aspire to this and convince them that they will not reach their goals except through these actions.”
    He stated that two defendants working in the Civil Defense created a page on Facebook, claiming that they work with magic and have the ability to solve marital problems and resolve affairs, adding: “Many requests came on that page from people and they were all women. Most of the requests are related to undertaking work to solve marital problems.”
    The interior is on the lookout
    In turn, the Iraqi Ministry of Interior announces from time to time the arrest of people on charges of practicing witchcraft and sorcery throughout the country, and seizes in their possession materials such as talismans, raw materials used in the process of magic and sorcery, chain beads, spiritual books, and others.
    In this context, the spokesman for the Ministry of Interior, Brigadier General Miqdad Al-Moussawi, confirms that “there is monitoring of all pages that exploit women under the pretext of witchcraft and sorcery, and they are identified, their owners are arrested, and they are dealt with according to the law.”
    Al-Mousawi added to Shafaq News Agency, “Many of these were reached through complainants, community police, and crime control.” 
    In 2017, the Iraqi Ministry of Interior announced a decision to close witchcraft and sorcery offices spread in Baghdad and the rest of Iraq’s governorates, and to punish violators.
    Scam
    Regarding the legal punishment for this phenomenon, the legal expert, Ali Al-Tamimi, says: “Poverty leads to crimes, and the widespread phenomenon of reading palms and cups, breaking magic, returning divorced women, returning stolen goods, and interpreting dreams are things that are not appropriate for the year 2024, and many believe that, while God says (no The magician succeeds wherever he comes) and also (no one knows the unseen except God), as well as the large number of practitioners of this, as if they were doctors in psychology.”
    Al-Tamimi explained in an interview with Shafaq News Agency, “These actions are fraud and are punishable by the Penal Code in Article 456 thereof, and they have spread in a strange way, as if we are returning to obsolete years, and the strangest thing is that someone sells pebbles and says it brings livelihood while he is lying on the road barefoot and the disaster is People flocked to him.”
    In the same context, lawyer Ibtisam Al-Shammari points out that “Article 456 of the Penal Code applies to all types of fraud, including sorcery.”
    Al-Shammari added to Shafaq News Agency, “Article 456 states: Anyone who obtains or transfers possession of movable property owned by another person to himself or to another person shall be punished by imprisonment by one of the following means: A- By using fraudulent methods. B- By assuming a false name or an inappropriate capacity.” True or a false report about a specific incident if this would deceive the victim and force him to surrender.”
    It continues, “The same penalty shall be imposed on anyone who achieves, by one of the previous methods, to force another person to hand over or transfer possession of a debt instrument, dispose of money, release, or any other document that can be used to prove ownership rights or any other real right. To cause another to sign, cancel, destroy or amend such instrument.”
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 9:33 pm