Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

An Iraqi sues the British Oil Giant over the death of his son from cancer

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

An Iraqi sues the British Oil Giant over the death of his son from cancer Empty An Iraqi sues the British Oil Giant over the death of his son from cancer

Post by Rocky Tue 23 Apr 2024, 4:29 am

[size=35][size=35]An Iraqi sues the British Oil Giant over the death of his son from cancer[/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [/size]

Sweeteners

[size][size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/size]
    04-23-2024 | 3 o'clock
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [/size]

Al-Sumaria News - Local

An Iraqi man filed a lawsuit against the British oil giant, British Petroleum, over the death of his 21-year-old son from cancer.

[ltr]

0 seconds of 0 seconds Volume 0%

[/ltr]

Hussein Jalloud, the young man's father, says that burning gas in an oil field run by [url=https://www.alsumaria.tv/entity/120722/%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%AA%D9%8A%D8%B4 %D8%A8%D8%AA%D8%B1%D9%88%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%88%D9%85/ar/]British Petroleum[/url] in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] caused his son [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to develop leukemia.

According to the [url=https://www.alsumaria.tv/entity/120946/%D8%A8%D9%8A %D8%A8%D9%8A %D8%B3%D9%8A/ar/]BBC[/url], this is believed to be the first time that an individual has initiated legal proceedings against a major oil company over gas flaring practices.

The letter of claim included that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s leukemia and subsequent death were due to "toxic emissions from the Rumaila oil field", and that BP was partly responsible as the main contractor.

Jalloud is seeking compensation for the cost of his son's medical treatment including chemotherapy abroad and a bone marrow transplant, loss of earnings, and funeral costs.

Hussein Jalloud said, "I only hope that those who hear my voice, from BP, will think about my situation. I do not represent myself alone. I also represent these poor people who live here and suffer from pollution," according to the [url=https://www.alsumaria.tv/entity/120946/%D8%A8%D9%8A %D8%A8%D9%8A %D8%B3%D9%8A/ar/]BBC[/url].

“This is an important example of environmental lawsuits seeking compensation for harmful emissions caused by a major carbon company,” said Wissen Jazrawi, a partner at [url=https://www.alsumaria.tv/entity/2555472075/%D9%87%D8%A7%D9%88%D8%B3%D9%81%D9%8A%D9%84%D8%AF %D9%88%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%87/ar/]Hausfeld & Co[/url], which represents Jalloud. “Such companies have generally been able to carry out harmful environmental practices with Impunity, especially when these events occur in the Global South.”

Although the activity occurred in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Jalloud is able to bring the case in the [url=https://www.alsumaria.tv/entity/47376/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%85%D9%84%D9%83%D8%A9 %D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%AD%D8%AF%D8%A9/ar/]UK[/url] courts because BP's headquarters are in the [url=https://www.alsumaria.tv/entity/47376/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%85%D9%84%D9%83%D8%A9 %D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%AD%D8%AF%D8%A9/ar/]UK[/url].

For its part, BP said: “As we mentioned before, BP is not and has never been the operator of the Rumaila field. However, we continue to support the main contractor, Basra Energy Company Limited, in its work to help reduce its flaring and emissions.”

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

An Iraqi sues the British Oil Giant over the death of his son from cancer Empty For the first time.. an Iraqi sues a "giant oil company" over burning gas

Post by Rocky Tue 23 Apr 2024, 5:20 am

For the first time.. an Iraqi sues a "giant oil company" over burning gas

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Economy News - follow up
    An Iraqi man filed a lawsuit against the giant British oil company, BP, over the death of his 21-year-old son from cancer.
    Hussein Jalloud, the father of the young man, says that burning gas in an oil field run by BP in Iraq caused his son Ali to develop cancer. the blood.
    According to the BBC, this is believed to be the first time that an individual has initiated legal proceedings against a major oil company due to gas flaring practices.
    The letter of claim included that Ali's leukemia and subsequent death were due to "toxic emissions from the Rumaila oil field", and that BP was partly responsible as the main contractor.
    Jalloud is seeking compensation for the cost of his son's medical treatment including chemotherapy abroad and a bone marrow transplant, loss of earnings, and funeral costs.
    Hussein Jalloud said, "I only hope that those who hear my voice, from BP, will think about my situation. I do not represent myself alone. I also represent these poor people who live here and suffer from pollution," according to the BBC.
    “This is an important example of environmental lawsuits seeking compensation for harmful emissions caused by a major carbon company,” said Wissen Jazrawi, a partner at Hausfeld & Co, which represents Jaluda. “Such companies have generally been able to carry out harmful environmental practices with Impunity, especially when these events occur in the Global South.”
    Although the activity occurred in Iraq, Jalloud is able to bring the case in the UK courts because BP's headquarters are in the UK.
    For its part, BP said: “As we mentioned before, BP is not and has never been the operator of the Rumaila field. However, we continue to support the main contractor, Basra Energy Company Limited, in its work to help reduce its flaring and emissions.”...

Views 97
    Added 04/23/2024 - 10:09 AM

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 12:55 pm