Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iran, Iraq to carry out dredging operation at Arvand River and build a dam

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iran, Iraq to carry out dredging operation at Arvand River and build a dam Empty Iran, Iraq to carry out dredging operation at Arvand River and build a dam

Post by Rocky Thu 17 Mar 2016, 3:19 pm

[size=44]Iran, Iraq to carry out dredging operation at Arvand River and build a dam[/size]

Ahvaz - Managing Director of Arvand Free Trade Zone Esmaeil Zamani said on Tuesday that negotiations are underway with Governor-General of Basra to carry out dredging operation at Arvand River and build a dam.
    Zamani told IRNA that some 63 vessels ran aground at the river since Iraqi-imposed war 1980s.

He said that 13 vessels ran aground at Iraq territory of the river, 15 in the middle of the river and the rest are in Iranian territorial waters.

He said that there is no problem for the dredging operation and officials from Basra have discussed the issue with central government.

Salty seawater has advanced toward Basra, so potable water of residents in this Iraqi province became salty.

He said that this phenomenon would damage agricultural lands on banks of the river. 

Zamani announced construction of two dams to provide drinking water from Bahmanshir River saying that executive works have been coordinated by Arvand Free Trade Zone.

He said that another dam is under construction on the river and building two other dams to provide drinking water is among future programs of the organization.

He underlined that joint venture plan to build such dam on Arvand River was proposed to Iraqi Prime Minister and Governor General of Basra and they have declared their agreement.

Zamani evaluated cost of construction of such dam around 500 to 600 million dollars.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 17 Sep 2024, 3:59 am