Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Turkey cuts rates for sixth straight month amid ratings worries

Lobo
    Lobo

Turkey cuts rates for sixth straight month amid ratings worries Empty Turkey cuts rates for sixth straight month amid ratings worries

Post by Lobo Tue 23 Aug 2016, 2:47 pm

Turkey cuts rates for sixth straight month amid ratings worries

Aug 23 Turkey's central bank cut borrowing costs for the sixth straight month on Tuesday, lowering its overnight lending rate by 25 basis points despite high inflation and worries about possible credit rating downgrades.

As expected, the bank cut the highest of the multiple interest rates it uses to set policy to 8.5 percent. It left its benchmark one-week repo rate unchanged at 7.5 percent. Fifteen of 17 economists in a Reuters survey forecast a 25 basis point cut in the overnight rate, while two expected a cut of 50 basis points.

President Tayyip Erdogan, who wants stronger consumption-led growth, has made repeated calls for cheaper credit. He told commercial lenders this month they should not be charging high interest rates in the aftermath of a failed coup and promised action against those who "go the wrong way".

The attempted putsch on July 15 and its aftermath have increased uncertainty. Ratings agency Fitch lowered its outlook to negative from stable on Friday, while Moody's said on July 18 it was putting Turkey's credit rating on review for a possible downgrade to junk status. (Reporting by Daren Butler, Humeyra Pamuk and; Writing by Nick Tattersall; editing by John Stonestreet)

http://www.reuters.com/article/turkey-cenbank-rates-idUSEONG8M0SK

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 5:28 pm