Green Goddess Dip
Write a Review
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Redolent of fresh herbs, this dip is inspired by the classic green goddess salad dressing. The chef at San Franciscos Palace Hotel created the dressing in the 1920s to honor actor George Arliss, who was performing locally in a play called Green Goddess.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 2 Tbs. roughly chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbs. roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbs. roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 Tbs. roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbs. roughly chopped fresh mint
- 2 or 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Potato chips for serving
- Crudités for serving (see related tip at left)
- Potato Chips >
Directions:In a blender or food processor, combine the chives, parsley, tarragon, basil, mint, anchovies, shallot, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Blend or process until smooth, about 1 minute or about 15 pulses.
Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the sour cream. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days. Serve with potato chips and crudités for dipping. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- Preparing Crudités