Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Basil Pesto with Peanuts

Lobo

Basil Pesto with Peanuts

Post by Lobo on Tue 16 Feb 2016, 8:15 pm

Basil Pesto with Peanuts

This pesto recipe uses peanuts instead of the traditional pine nuts, adding a unique toasty flavor. If you do not like or cannot eat peanuts, go ahead and substituted a different kind of nut, such as walnuts or almonds, or leave out the nuts entirely and add an extra tablespoon of parmesan cheese. Make a couple of batches and freeze the extra, so you’ll have it on hand for a quick dinner. It’s delicious tossed with hot pasta or used on pizza.
Yield: 1/2 cup

Ingredients:

• 2 cups fresh basil
  • ¼ cup salted roasted peanuts
  • ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil

Instructions:

Place basil, peanuts, cheese, garlic, and a sprinkle each of salt and pepper in a blender; pulse several times. Add half olive oil and pulse again. Gradually add remaining olive oil while blending on low speed.
You can freeze extra pesto in ice cube trays, then store in an airtight freezer bag.

Featured Ingredient: Sweet Basil

Sweet basil is most commonly paired with tomatoes, and in the summertime, there isn’t much that can beat a fresh tomato slice with minced basil. Yet basil complements a wide variety of delicious foods. With such versatility, it’s an excellent herb to grow yourself. Not only will doing so be more cost-effective than buying it at the grocery store, but you’ll be able to pick just the amount you want when you need it. Basil can be grown in a small pot on a windowsill inside for several months. For more abundant harvests and variety, grow a few different types in a container or in a garden bed outside. Basil is a warm weather plant, but it also stores nicely when pureed with water or oil, or turned into pesto, then frozen. For the fullest flavor when using in a hot dish, add fresh basil within the last 5 or 10 minutes of cooking time. Learn how easy it is to grow your own basil.

Current date/time is Sun 04 Dec 2016, 2:08 am