Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New York Rangers

jedi17
    jedi17

New York Rangers Empty New York Rangers

Post by jedi17 Mon 06 Feb 2017, 8:49 pm

Game 52: NYR 4 CGY 3, Quickie rewarded for his efforts
    February 6, 2017, 7:15 AM ET [46 Comments]
    Jan Levine
    New York Rangers Nyr New York Rangers Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Rangers won their second straight, defeating Calgary 4-3 at MSG on Sunday. After falling behind 1-0 on a Dougie Hamilton goal, Rick Nash tied it at one in the first. The second period was pure sloppiness, but set up a back-and-forth third period. New York, thanks to Michael Grabner, took the lead, but Troy Brouwer tied it, then the Rangers tallied twice on goals by Chris Kreider and Jesper Fast before Calgary on a goal by Matthew Tkachuk cut it to one off a bad turnover by Dan Girardi. The Rangers were able to barely hold on, thanks to Fast blocking Mark Giordano's shot to seal the victory. Anaheim is in on Tuesday for the second contest of what is a four-game home stand, as New York looks to gain some momentum at home following losing five of their last six and six of their last eight at MSG prior to Sunday's win.

Rick Nash registered a power-play goal in the first period to knot the game 1-1 after Hamilton converted earlier on Calgary's PP to open up the scoring. Derek Stepan fired a shot that created a rebound opportunity and Nash was Johnny on the spot to gather in the rebound and roof it over Brian Elliott for the goal. Ryan McDonagh starter the play, giving Stepan room down the left side and Nash had space in front.

After that scoreless second, Grabner gave New York the lead with his 23rd goal of the season. A nice, tic-tac-toe passing game between he and Brady Skjei created the goal. The final pass was a gorgeous, cross-ice no look pass to Grabner, who had a ton of open net to shoot at. In addition, Grabner created the opportunity with his speed and forecheck, both aspects evident much of the game. Even if he isn't scoring, that speed creates chances for others due to the room afforded him. 

After Calgary tied it on Brouwer's goal, Chris Kreider tallied his 21st of the season to give New York the lead they never relinquished. Kreider steamed down the left wing and put a hard wrist shot on net, which was aided by a slick tick off Dennis Wideman's skate, resulting in the puck rising over Elliott's glove. Plays like that, even if they don't result in goals, make CK20 so much more dangerous because of the rook created just by the threat of that hard wrist shot.

Fast gave New York a two-goal lead on a marker that proved to be the game-winner. Once again, it was a solid forechecking by J.T. Miller and Grabner that jarred the puck loose. Miller gathered the puck at the side of the net, but fed it to a wide-open Fast in the slot and Fast didn't miss the opportunity. While myself and others question whether Fast should be on the third line, the one constant is his effort. In addition, he usually makes the little or unsung play that gives New York a chance to win. Yesterday, he made the little play by blocking the shot to seal the win and was rewarded earlier with the goal. Lundqvist's comments below sum up Fast's game and how his teammates feel about Quickie. 

“What you appreciate the most with him (Fast) is he pays the price every night,” Henrik Lundqvist said. “He’s not a guy that’s going to show up once in a while and block the big shot. Every night, he sacrifices his body for the team. Blocking shots, taking hits. He is a very smart player. He makes a lot of good plays that I don’t think he gets credit for. We see it, I definitely see it. Very important player to have on our team.” 
    [size]

New York might have Kevin Hayes back for Tuesday's game. Right now, I would say it's questionable he plays. If Hayes truly isn't 100%, and he is just past the two week mark of what was to be a 2-3 weeks absence, don't play him. New York has won two in a row, and while Hayes adds a ton to the lineup, better to sit him a game now than several down the road.

In addition, hopefully Marc Staal will be 100% as well. He needed an IV before the game due to his illness and was limited throughout. Very odd to play him when a healthy, extra d-man is available. If Staal is not ready to go, AV should make the prudent move and scratch him.

Most important, happy sweet sixteen birthday to my daughter Mia.[/size]

Current date/time is Mon 16 Sep 2024, 3:30 pm