Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

A large group of tourists had to be evacuated today from the Poas Volcano Costa Rica

Lobo
    Lobo

A large group of tourists had to be evacuated today from the Poas Volcano Costa Rica  Empty A large group of tourists had to be evacuated today from the Poas Volcano Costa Rica

Post by Lobo Mon 10 Apr 2017, 12:36 pm

A large group of tourists had to be evacuated today from the Poas Volcano Costa Rica due to the increase in the gases emanating from the volcano
    Posted: 09 Apr 2017 11:33 PM PDT
    A large group of tourists had to be evacuated today from the Poas Volcano Costa Rica  827598
    Photo villasanignacio.com
    A large group of tourists had to be evacuated today from the Poas Volcano as a precaution due to the increase in the gases emanating from the volcano.
    According to the park rangers the evacuation took place at 1 p.m. as a preventive security measure due to strong emanation of gases.
    Some of the tourists complained about eye and throat irritation caused by the smell.
    The volcano has been presenting more activity since last Saturday, the fumaroles are active and the temperature has risen
    The volcano has also registered several small phreatic (steam-driven) explosions; these occur when underground water is heated by magma or hot rocks.
    On Thursday touristic guides and park personnel confirmed the presence of a new fumarole in the crater of the volcano, they also confirmed a change of color in the main lake.
    The Poas Volcano is one of Costa Rica's active volcanoes, it has become common that it presents peaks of activity as it did in July of last year.
    Volcanologists have been taking samples and monitoring the activity.
    The park will remain open for visiting tourists but the park authorities may order evacuation of the same in the presence of events like the one occurred today.

Home Page

The Wire

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm