Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Syrian Kurdish-led forces storm Islamic State-held Tabqa city

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Syrian Kurdish-led forces storm Islamic State-held Tabqa city Empty Syrian Kurdish-led forces storm Islamic State-held Tabqa city

Post by Rocky Sat 15 Apr 2017, 3:57 am

Syrian Kurdish-led forces storm Islamic State-held Tabqa city

Posted on April 15, 2017

QAMISHLO, Syrian Kurdistan,— The Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) on Saturday morning entered Tabqa city after resuming its anti-Islamic state operations around the Islamic State stronghold, located on the southern bank of the Euphrates River.

Thus far, the US-backed captured roughly half the Alexandria neighborhood in the southern sector of Tabqa while also seizing a few isolated buildings on the eastern fringes of the city.

Despite the mines planted at the entrance of the city and snipers positioned here, SDF fighters advanced 1,5 kilometers. During clashes, at least 10 Islamic State members were killed.

16 IS militants were killed amid clashes inside Tabqa, a source told Al-Masdar News. Clashes in the city are ongoing.

Meanwhile, the SDF also liberated the adjacent village of Al-Mushayrifah and killed an additional 27 jihadist insurgents in the process.

On the other hand, a civilian died as result of a mine explosion in Ayid Saxîra village to the west of the city.

Two SDF fighters got wounded during clashes that erupted during the entrance into the city. SDF fighters also seized arms and munitions from the IS, in addition to 2 pick-up vehicles.

Once Kurdish troops fully liberate Tabqa city, the SDF is expected to turn its attention on Raqqa city for an upcoming summer offensive, believed to be stage four of the Euphrates Wrath campaign.

The SDF, which includes the powerful Kurdish YPG militia, has driven Islamic State from large swathes of northern Syria.

In late March Kurdish-led forces have captured the military Tabqa airport in northern Syria held by Islamic State.

The SDF has announced on Thursday the beginning of the fourth phase of the offensive to oust Islamic State from the Syrian city of Raqqa.

U.S regards the Kurdish YPG which is part of SDF, as key ally against Islamic State and the most effective fighting force against IS in Syria and has provided them with arms, air support as well as the military advisers. The Kurdish militia has seized swathes of Syria from IS.

Syrian Kurdistan’s ruling PYD has established three autonomous zones, or Cantons of Jazeera, Kobani and Afrin and a Kurdish government across Syrian Kurdistan in 2013. On March 17, 2016 Syria’s Kurds declared a federal region in Syrian Kurdistan.

http://ekurd.net/syrian-kurdish-storm-tabqa-2017-04-15

Current date/time is Sat 27 Jul 2024, 8:44 am