Corona kills 1770 lives and more than 70,000 injuries
The National Health Commission of China announced today, Monday, that the death toll of the [size=13]Corona virus has increased to 1770 deaths, while confirmed infections exceeded 70 thousand cases in the country.
The committee stated that the virus killed 105 new infections, and the number of infections reached 70 thousand and 500 people in all parts of China, most of them in Hubei Province, the center of the spread of the virus, which today recorded two thousand cases.
The Chinese authorities subjected about 56 million people in Hubei and its capital, Wuhan, to quarantine, by default, the province was isolated from other Chinese regions.
According to the medical committee, there were 115 new injuries outside Hubei, after 450 injuries a week ago.
Local authorities imposed new measures in an attempt to stem the spread of the virus, including only the capital Beijing allowing entry for people who subjected themselves to a self-quarantine for 14 days, as reported by local media.
The number of new infections in the province began to decline after the big rise last week in the wake of officials' modification of diagnostic methods, to include the calculation of injuries that are confirmed by a lung CT scan.
A spokesman for the Chinese health authorities said Sunday that this decline in the number of infections is an indication that the virus is being controlled.
"It is impossible to predict the direction this epidemic will take," WHO chief Tiedros Adhanom Gebresos warned.
He said in a tweet on Twitter, "International experts have arrived in Beijing and started interviewing their Chinese counterparts on the epidemic."