Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Fitch Downgrades Outlook for Trade Bank of Iraq (TBI)

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Fitch Downgrades Outlook for Trade Bank of Iraq (TBI) Empty Fitch Downgrades Outlook for Trade Bank of Iraq (TBI)

Post by Rocky Tue 21 Apr 2020, 6:11 pm

Fitch Downgrades Outlook for Trade Bank of Iraq (TBI)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    21st April 2020 in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

By John Lee.
    Fitch Ratings has revised the outlook for the Trade Bank of Iraq (TBI) from "Stable" to "Negative".
    In a statement, it says that TBI's Issuer Default Rating (IDR)s are driven by the bank's Viability Rating (VR) and underpinned by potential sovereign support.
    "The revision of the Outlook to Negative from Stable follows a similar action on the sovereign rating (see "Fitch Revises Outlook on Iraq to Negative; Affirms at 'B-'" on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    "This reflects the impact of the decline in oil prices on Iraq's fiscal and external finances, near-term uncertainty concerning the sovereign's financing plan and limitations on policymakers' ability to respond to the fiscal crisis. Iraq's budget revenue sensitivity to oil price and volume is significant, given dependence on oil that accounts for 85%-90% of fiscal revenue.
    "We forecast that the budget deficit will widen to 19% of GDP in 2020 and government debt/GDP to an average of 80% in 2020-2021, versus 47% in 2019.
    "TBI's VR of 'b-' is constrained by the operating environment in Iraq, which is volatile and challenging, and where TBI generates 70% of its business volume (on- and off-balance sheet exposure).
    "Therefore, the operating environment and broader country risks influence TBI's standalone risk profile. As a result, we see downside risks to the stability of TBI's business model, the ability of the bank to execute its strategy, as well as earnings, capitalisation and funding and liquidity relative to when we last reviewed TBI's ratings."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 18 Oct 2024, 2:45 am