Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Former U.S. ambassador: al-Maliki insist on a government post if another stepped down as prime minis

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Former U.S. ambassador: al-Maliki insist on a government post if another stepped down as prime minis Empty Former U.S. ambassador: al-Maliki insist on a government post if another stepped down as prime minis

Post by Rocky Fri 18 Jul 2014, 5:52 pm

Former U.S. ambassador: al-Maliki insist on a government post if another stepped down as prime minister

Thursday, July 18, 2014 16:04

[Follow-up - where]

Said former U.S. ambassador to Iraq Zalmay Khalilzad said that "Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, may insist on taking another position in the next Iraqi government if it agreed to the bias of the prime minister for a third term."

He Zadeh said in an interview, "I have worked closely with al-Maliki when you're U.S. ambassador to Iraq, and I know very well that it will resist stubbornly all attempts to replace it, and that even if he agreed to step down, it will look for assurances that a successor within the inner circle and reliable to his followers, and may insist on taking another position in the government. "

He pointed out that "Washington and in trying to cope with the new realities on the ground in Iraq, it must adopt a two-pronged strategy I continue to support Iraq's leaders to form a government of national unity, at the same time prepare for the failure of these efforts and the secession of the Kurds."

And between Zadeh said that "the problem posed in front of forming a government of national unity that al-Maliki has no intention to relinquish power, and remains the main obstacle to this effort rejecting extreme Sunni Arabs, and Kurds, and even some Shiite parties of the extension of the rule of al-Maliki. This time showed the Shiite cleric Supreme Ali al-Sistani, his preference for a change. "

However, former U.S. ambassador to Iraq between 2005 and 2007 said, "but in the absence of a government of national unity is no doubt that the civil war in Iraq will continue unabated, and worsen the conflict and sectarian chaos in Sunni areas, and it will increase the power of [Daash], a path that threatens U.S. security, what makes it imperative for the United States to continue to press for a government of national unity, and limited assistance in the fight against [Daash]. "

He pointed out, "but at the same time deepening relations with the Kurdistan by sending a U.S. team to assess the needs of the region and coordinate with security to protect him from this terrorist organization and to help the region to pay his bills Washington should reduce the severity of its opposition to the sale of oil with increased humanitarian support to bear the burden of refugees."

He Zadeh said that "for the next few weeks involving a fateful decisions for Iraq, in the best of scenarios will emerge on the scene in Iraq is not a central support a federal system in areas of Arab majority are associated with the Kurdistan within a relationship confederation, The alternative is a civil war between Sunnis and Shiites and the secession of Kurdistan, however that Washington should not abandon its efforts to help Iraq to form a government of national unity, but it must also weigh the alternatives realism other in case collapsed Iraq; In all cases, will be on America to strengthen its relationship with the Kurdistan to serve its interests. "ended

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 7:14 am