Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Parliamentarian: Al-Halbousi’s imprisonment for one year is within reach

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Parliamentarian: Al-Halbousi’s imprisonment for one year is within reach Empty Parliamentarian: Al-Halbousi’s imprisonment for one year is within reach

Post by Rocky Fri 01 Dec 2023, 4:19 am

Parliamentarian: Al-Halbousi’s imprisonment for one year is within reach

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2023-11-30 22:51
    Font

Shafaq News/ Iraqi Parliament member Basem Khashan expected, on Friday, that the deposed Speaker of the House of Representatives, Muhammad al-Halbousi, would be imprisoned for a period of no less than one year, after the “Taqaddum” Party, which he heads, paid a sum of money to the American company BGR without obtaining legal approval. .
    Khashan said in his post today on social media, “Halbousi’s imprisonment for one year is within reach, as the representative of the Taqadum Party has approved the contract that includes paying $600,000 and transferring it to the BGR company without the approval of the Department of Political Parties and Organizations Affairs.”
    He added, "This is a crime punishable by law with imprisonment for a period of not less than one year, stressing: not less than one year and not more than three years."
    Article 50 of the Iraqi Political Parties Law of 2015 stipulates that “any official in a political party or organization who sends funds belonging to the party to organizations, persons, or any party outside Iraq without the approval of the Parties Department shall be punished with imprisonment for a period of not less than one year and not more than three years.” .
    Today, Thursday, Haiman Tahseen Hamid, Director General of the Department of Political Parties and Organizations Affairs at the Independent High Electoral Commission, filed a complaint to dissolve the “Taqadum” Party, which is led by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, whose membership was terminated, Muhammad al-Halbousi.
    According to the request appended by Hamid’s signature on November 30 and addressed to the Judicial Authority for Elections, the complaint was based on Al-Halbousi contracting with the American company (BGR) and sending money to the latter without the knowledge and approval of the Department of Political Parties and Organizations Affairs.”
    Hamid explained, “An investigation committee has been formed in our department (the Department of Political Parties and Organizations Affairs) pursuant to Administrative Order No. (33) dated November 28 to investigate the aforementioned party (Taqadum) sending money to a foreign party based on the complaint requests.” coming to this department.
    The Director General of the Department of Political Parties and Organizations Affairs indicated that the recommendations of the committee formed by the department concluded that the matter should be referred to the judicial authority for elections in the Commission, and the appropriate decision should be issued, based on the articles of the Political Parties Law No. (36) of 2015.
    The Board of Commissioners of the Independent High Electoral Commission responded to Al-Halbousi’s request that his parliamentary seat be filled by a candidate from the list of the “Taqaddum” party, which he heads.
    The Presidency of the Iraqi Council of Representatives decided to officially terminate the membership of Council Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi, based on the decision of the Federal Supreme Court, as of November 14, 2023.
    On Tuesday, November 14, the Federal Supreme Court, “the highest judicial authority in Iraq,” announced the termination of the membership of Parliament Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi, against the backdrop of a lawsuit filed against him by Representative Laith al-Dulaimi, in which he accused him of forging his (Al-Dulaimi’s) resignation from membership in the House of Representatives. As a result, the Federal Court ruled to terminate their membership (Al-Halbousi and Al-Dulaimi).

Al-Halbousi had confirmed, yesterday evening, Thursday, that he had appeared before the judiciary to investigate the complaints filed against him, stressing that he would not leave Iraq.
    Al-Halbousi said in a press conference held in Baghdad and attended by Shafaq News Agency, "With regard to the lawsuits and complaints filed against me, I declare before you that I will appear before the judiciary, and that I am obligated, as a citizen and a political figure, to implement the law, and we have no choice but to appear before the judiciary."
    He added, "I pledge to appear before the judiciary in any complaint filed by any party. We seek for our country to be a country of institutions and for the law to be the decisive factor," noting that "there are lawsuits filed against us personally."
    Al-Halbousi continued, "I will not leave Iraq, and I will appear before the judiciary at any time, and anyone who transgresses the law will be prosecuted."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 17 Sep 2024, 5:49 am