Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Al-Sudani's advisor: The banking system in Iraq is rentier par excellence

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Al-Sudani's advisor: The banking system in Iraq is rentier par excellence Empty Al-Sudani's advisor: The banking system in Iraq is rentier par excellence

Post by Rocky Today at 4:39 am

Al-Sudani's advisor: The banking system in Iraq is rentier par excellence

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2024-09-21 04:23
    font

Shafaq News/ Mazhar Mohammed Saleh, economic affairs advisor to Prime Minister Mohammed Shia al-Sudani, described the banking system in Iraq as rentier par excellence on Saturday, noting that this requires a comprehensive reform process.
    Saleh told Shafaq News Agency, "The banking system in Iraq is rentier par excellence, regardless of ownership," noting that it "lives on oil resources and government liquidity directly and indirectly."
    He added that "the banking system derives its activities from government spending, which means that it is a market that lacks banking independence and the movement of desired savings in society from the forces of financial surplus towards desired investments to generate high financing for growth and sustainable development."
    Saleh stressed that "this requires a comprehensive reform process to create market institutions," indicating that "this enables the banking market to be integrated with the international financial and banking system and become attractive to global banks on a large scale."
    Last Thursday, Prime Minister Mohammed Shia al-Sudani announced the formation of a higher committee to address the work of Iraqi banks in accordance with international financial requirements, while directing private banks to build balanced relations with financial institutions, Arab banks and investors.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024, 6:55 am