Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

4 posters

What does ISIS stand for? What does ISIL mean?

Lobo
    Lobo

What does ISIS stand for?   What does ISIL mean?  Empty What does ISIS stand for? What does ISIL mean?

Post by Lobo Thu 24 Dec 2015, 3:33 pm

"ISIS" is an English acronym for "Islamic State in Iraq and Syria." The acronym "ISIL" stands for "Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant."

ISIL ( Islamic state of Iraq and Syria ).( Islamic state of Iraq and the Levant ) the Levant is a geographic area that includes Israel along with a few other countries. Obama uses this as an insult to Israel, calling them Islam's in a round about way.

The Levant (/ləˈvænt/; Arabic: المشرق /ʔal-maʃriq/[1][5][6][7][8][9][10]) is an approximate historical geographical term referring to a large area in the eastern Mediterranean. In its widest historical sense, the Levant included all of the eastern Mediterranean with its islands,[3] that is, it included all of the countries along the eastern Mediterranean shores, extending from Greece to Cyrenaica.[1][2]
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

What does ISIS stand for?   What does ISIL mean?  Empty Re: What does ISIS stand for? What does ISIL mean?

Post by weslin3 Fri 25 Dec 2015, 5:48 am

Thanks for that interesting tidbit... Didn't know what it stood for...
    duck2000
    duck2000
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

What does ISIS stand for?   What does ISIL mean?  Empty Re: What does ISIS stand for? What does ISIL mean?

Post by duck2000 Fri 25 Dec 2015, 5:50 am

and notice the first country that is named >>> IRAQ<<  which is where it all started with the sunni baathists!!!
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Fri 25 Dec 2015, 5:53 am

Thanks duck for that additional info... Sounds very logical...
    ksp
    ksp
    Dedicated Investor
    Dedicated Investor

Post by ksp Fri 25 Dec 2015, 6:01 pm

I think it stands for  "Israeli Secret Intelligence Service"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 18 Oct 2024, 12:09 am