Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Peanut Butter Bars

Lobo
    Lobo

Peanut Butter Bars Empty Peanut Butter Bars

Post by Lobo Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:16 pm

Peanut Butter Bars Img52l
    Peanut Butter Bars
    Peanut Butter Bars Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 25 minutes
    Servings: 16
    Use your favorite type of peanut butter, either creamy or chunky, to make these yummy bars.

Ingredients:

• 1 cup all-purpose flour
    • 1 cup rolled oats
    • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
    • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter,
        at room temperature
    • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    • 1⁄2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
    • 1 egg, at room temperature
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • Confectioners’ sugar for dusting

Directions:

Before you start
    Be sure an adult is nearby to help. Position an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with butter, then line it with parchment paper, letting it hang over 2 sides.

Start the batter
    In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt and stir with a whisk until well blended. Set aside.

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar and peanut butter on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.

Finish the batter
    Add the egg and vanilla and beat well. Turn off the mixer and add the flour-oat mixture. Beat on low speed just until blended.

Bake and cool
    Using the rubber spatula, scrape the batter into the pan and spread it evenly. Place the baking pan in the oven and bake until the top of the cookie is golden and looks firm, 25 to 30 minutes.

Ask an adult to help you remove the baking pan from the oven and set it on a wire cooling rack. Let cool completely. Lift the cookie from the pan, dust it with confectioners' sugar and cut it into 1-by-4-inch bars. Makes 16 bars.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Sweet Treats, by Carolyn Beth Weil (Simon & Schuster, 2006).

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:10 am