Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Marbled Chocolate Meringues

Lobo
    Lobo

Marbled Chocolate Meringues Empty Marbled Chocolate Meringues

Post by Lobo Wed 13 Jan 2016, 10:07 pm

Marbled Chocolate Meringues Img9l
    Marbled Chocolate Meringues
    Marbled Chocolate Meringues Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 30 minutes
    Cook Time: 45 minutes
    Servings: 10

Ingredients:

• 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped (about 1/2
        cup)
    • 4 egg whites
    • 1 cup sugar

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 275°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a saucepan, bring 1 to 2 inches water to a simmer. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over the simmering water. Melt, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool slightly.

In a bowl, combine the egg whites and sugar. Place over simmering water and whisk until the mixture is hot, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the bowl to a mixer and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form and the mixture is lukewarm, 4 to 5 minutes.

Remove the bowl from the mixer and drizzle the melted chocolate over the egg whites, folding in with a rubber spatula until just marbled.

Using a soup spoon, drop the batter in large mounds spaced 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until crunchy outside and still chewy inside, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer the pans to a wire rack and cool completely before removing the cookies from the parchment. Store in an airtight container. Makes 20.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma TASTE Magazine, "Totally Chocolate," by Robyn Valarik (Holiday 2001).

Current date/time is Tue 14 May 2024, 12:40 pm