Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraqi official calls Turkish soldiers stationed in Iraq ‘intruders’

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraqi official calls Turkish soldiers stationed in Iraq ‘intruders’ Empty Iraqi official calls Turkish soldiers stationed in Iraq ‘intruders’

Post by Rocky Mon 08 Feb 2016, 10:19 am

Iraqi official calls Turkish soldiers stationed in Iraq ‘intruders’

February 08, 2016, Monday/ 17:07:31/

A statement by commission member Falih Elhazali notes that Iraq has tried diplomatic and legal routes, including taking up the matter with the United Nations Security Council ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), for Turkey to remove its soldiers, but to no avail. “Turkish soldiers are intruders in northern Iraq,” he said.
    Elhazali stated that Turkish soldiers would only be removed from Iraq via a military operation, which, he claimed, Iraq's volunteer resistance forces, the Hashd al-Shaabi, are ready to do. Elhazali pointed out that the prerogative for such action is in the hands of the Iraqi government.
    In December of last year, Turkey deployed a contingent of around 150 troops to reinforce a small unit of military trainers in the Bashiqa camp, citing mounting security risks posed by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL). Turkey has had military advisers in the camp since the capture of Mosul by ISIL militants last year, and is training local forces to fight back against the group.
    On Dec. 30, Iraqi Prime Minister Haydar al-Abadi accused Turkey of dragging its feet in fulfilling its earlier pledge to pull out its troops from the country's north, while its foreign minister said Iraq could resort to military force if needed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 15 Jun 2024, 10:32 pm