Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Report: Russia Closing UN's Human Rights Office In Moscow

Lobo
    Lobo

Report: Russia Closing UN's Human Rights Office In Moscow  Empty Report: Russia Closing UN's Human Rights Office In Moscow

Post by Lobo Sun 13 Mar 2016, 2:35 pm

Report: Russia Closing UN's Human Rights Office In Moscow

Report: Russia Closing UN's Human Rights Office In Moscow  83D36695-A22C-49E8-A4A2-019973420E3B_w640_r1_s
    UN human rights chief Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein

March 13, 2016
    Russia’s diplomatic mission in Geneva reportedly has confirmed that the United Nations’ human rights office in Moscow is being shut down – a development the UN's top rights official feared would happen.
    A report on March 12 by Russia’s RIA Novosti news agency said the Russian diplomatic mission in Geneva confirmed a decision was made to close the mission in Moscow of the UN’s Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR).
    There was no immediate comment from the OHCHR about the report, which comes in the midst of a growing crackdown in Russia against rights activists, independent journalists, and public debate.
    Russian ambassador Aleksei Borodavkin was quoted by RIA Novosti as saying the OHCHR has helped to create human rights institutions in Russia and "we do not see anything extraordinary" about the Moscow office being closed.
    On March 10, UN Human Rights Commissioner Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein expressed concern about “signals received” from the Kremlin that Russia intended to close the OHCHR’s Moscow office.
    Based on reporting by AP, RIA Novosti, and BBC
    http://creditrating.einnews.com/article/316278511/jFk1Q4ESRetFa31l

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:17 am