Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Airbnb gets Treasury okay to expand Cuba listings

Lobo
    Lobo

Airbnb gets Treasury okay to expand Cuba listings Empty Airbnb gets Treasury okay to expand Cuba listings

Post by Lobo Sun 20 Mar 2016, 4:06 pm

Airbnb gets Treasury okay to expand Cuba listings

NEW YORK--San Francisco's Airbnb said it has received authorization from the U.S. Treasury Department to expand its home rental listings in Cuba to non-US travelers.
    The startup, which pairs vacationers and other travelers with short-term home rentals, was previously only licensed to to do business in Cuba with US travelers.
    The Treasury Department's approval, announced Sunday, comes as President Obama embarks on an historic three-day trip to the island nation. It also follows Starwood Hotels and Resorts' announcement Saturday that it has signed three hotel deals in Cuba, making it the first U.S. hotel company to seal a deal to run hotels in Cuba since 1959 revolution.
    Airbnb said it will expand its Cuba listings to international travelers starting on April 2nd. The lodging company has been linking Cuban home rentals to U.S. travelers for a year now.
    Cuba has long had a policy of letting its residents rent out their homes as a way to make an extra buck through a process known as casas particulares. This system, which was instituted in the 1990s, allows travelers to the capital city of Havana to forgo the cost of a hotel and rent a room or two with a local family for as little as $30 to $35 a night.
    Since joining the casas particulares process last year, Airbnb has paired 13,000 guests from each of the 50 US states with rentals in Cuba, Airbnb co-founder Nathan Blecharczyk said.
    Approximately 4,000 casas particulares owners have added their homes to Airbnb’s network, making Cuba the fastest-growing market in Airbnb history, the company said.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2016/03/20/airbnb-gets-treasury-okay-expand-cuba-listings/82047160/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-techtopstories

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:24 am